Contribute
Register

[Solved] Clover will not boot last booted volume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any updates or new potential solutions for this issue?

Yes actually there are some updates.
I had this problem with my ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming. Then i sold a older BIOS Chip with BIOS rev1904 and this version supports native NVRAM (but no Kaby Lake CPUs). I deleted EmuVariableUEFI in Clover Configurator and everything works great. Unfortunately the BIOS Chip with rev1904 had no MacAdress (88:88:88:87:88) and iTunes failed to work.
Then i sold a BIOS Chip writer and manually changed my MacAdress on the BIOS Chip and now everything works perfect! :)

Alright I may have a solution.

In my experimentation, I realized that my NVRAM still held values without the Emuvariableuefi-64.efi driver in Clover, which should mean my computer has actual NVRAM memory. My theory is that Emuvariableuefi-64.efi conflicts with the real NVRAM memory so just remove the Emuvariableuefi-64.efi because Mac will use then use the real NVRAM and everything will be fine.

Any luck?

That did the trick for a build of mine.. Many thanks!

In my experimentation, I realized that my NVRAM still held values without the Emuvariableuefi-64.efi driver in Clover, which should mean my computer has actual NVRAM memory. My theory is that Emuvariableuefi-64.efi conflicts with the real NVRAM memory so just remove the Emuvariableuefi-64.efi because Mac will use then use the real NVRAM and everything will be fine.

To test if you have native NVRAM memory:

0. Make sure you have the most recent version of Clover (just in case, idk)

1. Copy out the Emuvariableuefi-64.efi out of your drivers64UEFI folder and place it somewhere else (where it won't be loaded). Reboot.

2. Open the terminal and run
Code:
sudo nvram asdf=asdf

Double check it is in there by running
Code:
sudo nvram -p | grep asdf
Reboot

3. Check if it is still there by running
Code:
again. If it is, you have actual NVRAM, you do not need Emuvariableuefi-64.efi.

Any luck?

I do not exactly know why, but this worked for me. I had Sierra installed and the LastBootedVolume function worked as intended. I upgraded to High Sierra and then lost this function. However, after performing this workaround, I regained the LastBootedVolume function. Thank you very much for your effort @pmdevita.

To test if you have native NVRAM memory:

0. Make sure you have the most recent version of Clover (just in case, idk)

1. Copy out the Emuvariableuefi-64.efi out of your drivers64UEFI folder and place it somewhere else (where it won't be loaded). Reboot.

2. Open the terminal and run
Code:
sudo nvram asdf=asdf

Double check it is in there by running
Code:
Reboot

3. Check if it is still there by running
Code:
again. If it is, you have actual NVRAM, you do not need Emuvariableuefi-64.efi.

Any luck?
This solution worked for me too! Thank you!

I "fixed" this for me on this way:
Removing EmuVariableUEFI
Reboot without Nvidia driver
Choosing the wanted boot entry
Reboot, check if the right entry is selected
Readd EmuVariableUEFI

I can confirm I also had this same issue and adding removing EmuVariableUEFI resolved it. I'd love to know why.

I can confirm I also had this same issue and adding removing EmuVariableUEFI resolved it. I'd love to know why.
Can you explain step by step with clover configurator? Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back