Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've had a running Sierra setup for a while now. This morning I updated to 10.12.3, latest nvidia drivers, and Clover 3994. After I got everything installed, I noticed Clover no longer auto boots my Sierra install. When Clover boots, I still have to manually hit the enter button.

I tried playing with the DefaultBootVolume and Timeout settings using Clover Configurator and it doesn't seem to work. I tried using my volume name "Mac OS X", the LastBootedVolume option, or using the Partition UUID. None of them seem to work.

Any ideas guys?

Here's the part of the config with the default boot info, currently with the Partition UUID:
Code:
<key>Boot</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Arguments</key>
        <string>dart=0 nvda_drv=1</string>
        <key>Debug</key>
        <false/>
        <key>DefaultVolume</key>
        <string>C10C58C2-1933-4329-BE50-467E4A3E5ACD</string>
        <key>Legacy</key>
        <string>PBR</string>
        <key>Secure</key>
        <false/>
        <key>Timeout</key>
        <integer>1</integer>
        <key>XMPDetection</key>
        <false/>
    </dict>

I believe everything on there is the default setup except for the boot arguments, DefaultVolume, and Timeout settings. Although if I did accidentally flip one of those settings, please let me know so I can correct them.

I've had a running Sierra setup for a while now. This morning I updated to 10.12.3, latest nvidia drivers, and Clover 3994. After I got everything installed, I noticed Clover no longer auto boots my Sierra install. When Clover boots, I still have to manually hit the enter button.

I tried playing with the DefaultBootVolume and Timeout settings using Clover Configurator and it doesn't seem to work. I tried using my volume name "Mac OS X", the LastBootedVolume option, or using the Partition UUID. None of them seem to work.

Any ideas guys?

I'm in the same boat. Nothing I do to the config.plist changes. Also, my EFI folder is only in the EFI partition, not in the boot drive's root.

Ok, I just got mine to work. Side note, I'm on Yosemite - not that its probably any different.

I went into Clover Configurator > Boot and changed the Default Boot Volume from "Macintosh HD" to the hard disk UUID. To find that, go to Boot.log (Clover Config menu) and scroll down to the bottom. It will be there somewhere.

Rebooted and it now counts down and reboots into Macintosh HD as expected.

Good luck!

Ok, I just got mine to work. Side note, I'm on Yosemite - not that its probably any different.

I went into Clover Configurator > Boot and changed the Default Boot Volume from "Macintosh HD" to the hard disk UUID. To find that, go to Boot.log (Clover Config menu) and scroll down to the bottom. It will be there somewhere.

Rebooted and it now counts down and reboots into Macintosh HD as expected.

Good luck!

sweet got it to work thanks :)

for anyone having issues, I crossed referenced the UUID in the logs with disktuil info. the one you need is the "Disk / Partition UUID" for the boot partition, and not the EFI partition. In my case it was "disk0s2". When I first tried the UUID as described in my OP, I was using the EFI partition instead "disk0s1" which did not work

@needmovies, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Thanks for posting about this guys. Had the same issue. I guess it was because I changed the name of my boot disk. All I had to do was copy and paste the main drive name into the boot field in clover configurer which I guess is a lower tech solution than yours but did the job.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back