CPU
i7-2600
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I'm working on a new system, which has a Lenovo motherboard.

I've successfully installed Sierra with Graphics Acceleration via Unibeast method, but I'm running into some trouble installing a boot loader.

I used multibeast and first selected Legacy, and the system didn't boot, no operating system found.

Then I tried UEFI, same thing, no operating system found.

Secure boot was disabled, and I tried setting the system BIOS to legacy for legacy, and UEFI for UEFI.

So far the only way I can boot into Sierra is via the Unibeast USB, which is very annoying. I would like to put bag this problem once and for all. If anyone else has had issues with tricky motherboards, please share. Do I need to set the disk to active or something?

I would like to add a question.

Is this my motherboard settings, or did I install something wrong. All I did to install the bootloader was open Multibeast, the Sierra edition, and install quick > legacy

Still won't boot without USB :(

Also, tried the "big list of el capitan solutions" and it recommended I copy all the files from the EFI partition to the EFI partition the bootloader created on my main hard drive. Tried it, still won't boot.

I really would like to get the final "hurdle" out of the way for this particular hack. It's really frustrating to have everything working but the bootloader.

So I'm working on a new system, which has a Lenovo motherboard.

I've successfully installed Sierra with Graphics Acceleration via Unibeast method, but I'm running into some trouble installing a boot loader.

I used multibeast and first selected Legacy, and the system didn't boot, no operating system found.

Then I tried UEFI, same thing, no operating system found.

Secure boot was disabled, and I tried setting the system BIOS to legacy for legacy, and UEFI for UEFI.

So far the only way I can boot into Sierra is via the Unibeast USB, which is very annoying. I would like to put bag this problem once and for all. If anyone else has had issues with tricky motherboards, please share. Do I need to set the disk to active or something?

The key is here to check if you're BIOS supports UEFI booting. If its a Legacy only booting BIOS then you need to install Clover to the ESP in Legacy. Do you have a option in the BIOS to boot in UEFI?

The key is here to check if you're BIOS supports UEFI booting. If its a Legacy only booting BIOS then you need to install Clover to the ESP in Legacy. Do you have a option in the BIOS to boot in UEFI?
Yeah I have the option to boot UEFI only or legacy. There's also an option for CSM which I don't know if it should be on/off. I'll take pics of the bios screen if you need them when I get home.

Yeah I have the option to boot UEFI only or legacy. There's also an option for CSM which I don't know if it should be on/off. I'll take pics of the bios screen if you need them when I get home.

Install Clover to the ESP in UEFI. You can try with CSM enabled. You can also download Clover from SourceForge.

Install Clover to the ESP in UEFI. You can try with CSM enabled. You can also download Clover from SourceForge.

Thanks for the replies, still not booting. Installed via source forge, Clover, latest version, install to ESP in UEFI mode, switched BIOS to UEFI only tried with and without CSM enabled, quick boot and secure boot disabled, but it still is giving me the no operating system found warning.

I can't think of what it could be. Is my BIOS somehow locked down? Is there any way I can get around this?

Thanks for the replies, still not booting. Installed via source forge, Clover, latest version, install to ESP in UEFI mode, switched BIOS to UEFI only tried with and without CSM enabled, quick boot and secure boot disabled, but it still is giving me the no operating system found warning.

I can't think of what it could be. Is my BIOS somehow locked down? Is there any way I can get around this?
Boot to BIOS and make the OS X drive first in HDD boot order.

UPDATE this is the most curious system I've ever had.

I did a clean install to make sure the EFI partition wasn't corrupted.

I installed Multibeast UEFI clover bootloader via Multibeast, and booted into BIOS.

I set everything to UEFI, and only when I turned CSM off I got these options on startup (included below)

So, I tried Mac OS X, and Clover Legacy Start @ EFI and both times I got a "checking media presence" and the text was part of clover, it wasn't my bios normal text.

Does this mean clover is trying to initialize but something is preventing it from?

Attachments

• IMG_0234.JPG
    IMG_0234.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 931
Unless you upgraded your BIOS to UEFI, chances are you have a Legacy Bios.
Try enable CSM and set the boot to Legacy and UEFI or Legacy only and install Clover Legacy mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back