Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
I got 2 ssd and on each of them I have installed High Sierra and ran Multibeast so I can boot off them.
The first installation went fine, ssd is bootable and shown under the clover boot menu.
However, after the second installation completed ( including Multibeast ), I tried to boot from that ssd,
but the os drive is not there, only the other clover components ( shell, options, exit....etc..).
Any idea ?

You installed it using apfs ? have you added apfs to clover ?

I got 2 ssd and on each of them I have installed High Sierra and ran Multibeast so I can boot off them.
The first installation went fine, ssd is bootable and shown under the clover boot menu.
However, after the second installation completed ( including Multibeast ), I tried to boot from that ssd,
but the os drive is not there, only the other clover components ( shell, options, exit....etc..).
Any idea ?

What is in your drivers64uefi directory? (/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64uefi/ )

For successful reading of APFS without having to copy over APFS.efi after each update, you will need to see the following there:
ApfsDriverLoader.efi
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
PartitionDxe-64.efi

As a short term fix, you can force APFS support by copying /usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64uefi -- this should not be relied upon long-term however, as this file is updated with OS updates and you will have to keep copying it over. The former method allows Clover to read 'just enough' of the filesystem to get the drivers for APFS, in the same way real Macs do it.

What is in your drivers64uefi directory? (/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64uefi/ )

For successful reading of APFS without having to copy over APFS.efi after each update, you will need to see the following there:
ApfsDriverLoader.efi
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
PartitionDxe-64.efi

As a short term fix, you can force APFS support by copying /usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64uefi -- this should not be relied upon long-term however, as this file is updated with OS updates and you will have to keep copying it over. The former method allows Clover to read 'just enough' of the filesystem to get the drivers for APFS, in the same way real Macs do it.
will check at home thank you appreciated

ApfsDriverLoader.efi
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
PartitionDxe-64.efi

you were right ApfsDriverLoader.efi was missing I dont understand how, I did the same process twice on different ssds,
thanks a lot you saved me a lot of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back