CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620, GTX 940MX, 3840x2160
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I know this is a known issue, but I am curious if there's an actual fix for this.
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have the information on this thread, but I have only got one SSD attached to my system at the moment and after each reboot (I'm not planning on really using sleep on this machine), there is at least 1 more UEFI record that shows up.

I've looked around but I can't find any other information on this. Is there another boot loader that I can use that won't cause this issue? I'm lucky and decided to check it today after a clean install and a load of testing only to find that I was about 5 records away from filling up the 38 records my motherboard said it can live with...

I'm using the most recent version of clover (I forget the release number, but I just downloaded it today, May 12, 2016).

*Edit*
Clover v2.3 r3504

I haven't! Looks... Interesting.
Thanks for the info. I'll have to give it a try tomorrow morning (it's 3:12am here now and I just got back from work.)
I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm trying to do this now. Sorry it's been a couple days.
Along with life having been hectic around here, I didn't seen any extraneous entries after my last clean format / install until this morning. Now I've got 10+ entries again.
I'm running into a problem that I'm researching right now - I can't type more than ~11 characters into the Clover EFI Shell before it loops back around and overwrites what I've already typed.

I've gone through the steps listed on the page you linked.
So far, after a couple regular reboots, there's only 1 extra in the list. I'm going to be doing a lot of testing and troubleshooting of various things on my system over the next bit, and I'm certain there will be some looping reboots that take place due to some dumb setting I change somewhere, so I'll see if any extra entries pop up then.

Also, one thing I noticed, and it may be documented somewhere that I couldn't find, but every time I pressed the "shift" key on my keyboard while in Clover's EFI shell, the cursor jumped back to the start of the line. I had to start entering the command with the ":" that I'd need to put into the file path, then press the left arrow key to put the cursor underneath the colon, and then type out the command using the caps lock for all upper case letters.

At first I thought there was some sort of character limit on the command line input, but it turns out it was just the dumb shift key.

Thanks for your help so far. We'll see how it goes from here.
Now for graphics card, bluetooth, and a bunch of other fun stuff!

After several reboots both planned and as part of failed / problematic boot attempts, I have verified that no more entries are being made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back