Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Alienware M17X R5
CPU
i7 4710MQ
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060
Hey everyone, this is my first post in a very long while. My Alien has served me very well as a gaming beast and a hackintosh. However, a problem arose when I upgraded the GTX 860m MXM module in my M17X R5 to a GTX 1060 MXM module. Now when I go into the graphics configuration in the clover bootloader, it says Number of VideoCards=0. I'm guessing this is the reason why OSX won't load the Nvidia web drivers anymore as I have no hardware graphics acceleration anymore. However, I have no idea what is causing this issue. Would any of you be so kind as to help point me in the right direction? My BIOS settings are the same as they have always been, nothing has been changed except the graphics card. I don't have this problem on my desktop hackintosh, and it also has a GTX 1060 installed in it.

Hey everyone, this is my first post in a very long while. My Alien has served me very well as a gaming beast and a hackintosh. However, a problem arose when I upgraded the GTX 860m MXM module in my M17X R5 to a GTX 1060 MXM module. Now when I go into the graphics configuration in the clover bootloader, it says Number of VideoCards=0. I'm guessing this is the reason why OSX won't load the Nvidia web drivers anymore as I have no hardware graphics acceleration anymore. However, I have no idea what is causing this issue. Would any of you be so kind as to help point me in the right direction? My BIOS settings are the same as they have always been, nothing has been changed except the graphics card. I don't have this problem on my desktop hackintosh, and it also has a GTX 1060 installed in it.
What comes up in System Report - Graphics/Displays?

Hey man, I fixed the problem through some tweaking of my clover config plist. Turns out I was missing some necessary boot flags. I got the web drivers installed and everything works perfectly now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back