i7-4770
Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello Guys and gals
I have messed with this update I am afraid and looking for help. I don't think it is anything to do with update and I think the solution could be simple but as I am quite a bit new, I cant solve it myself.
A short explanation of events:
My Hackintosh was Win 10 and Mac OS from multiple drives and had another HDD for back up and time machine
I updated to 10.13.3 through AppStore (application).Previously I have disabled APFS and this time have not disable it. After installation drive I have updated disappeared from Clover boot menu (initial screen you see all bootable volumes).I had had a back disk and it was fine to load Mac OS from this drive.
First I used CCC to restore latest back up but it has not changed anything and Clover boot menu only showed Win10 and back up HDD. Than I have realised my actual Mac OS drive's file system has changed to AFPS. I deleted AFPS partition and formatted it to usual MacOS format. Later on I restored from CCC one more time. As it was a full restore and I was hoping this will solve the problem. But I am now in a deeper s@#t. After the restore, clover boot menu has gone all together.
I went to BIOS and saw Mac OS installed drives were not showing as UEFI drives. They were under the Legacy mode (as far as I can remember, basically when choosing boot order they were below Win10 drive and cant be dragged up)
Now I can only boot the Win10 drive, Win 10's disk management shows MacOS drives( MacOS drive on SSD and back up)
I tried to figure out the problem and thought it was something to do EFi partition and managed to mount this parts on Windows but there is no files in this partition or Win10 cant see them. I cant find the USB I installed Hackintosh (I had one but cant find it) but I have access to another Mac and I think I can create another one by following the guide as I have done at the first place.
I will be grateful if you can offer a remedy for my problem.
Regards

Hello Guys and gals
I have messed with this update I am afraid and looking for help. I don't think it is anything to do with update and I think the solution could be simple but as I am quite a bit new, I cant solve it myself.
A short explanation of events:
My Hackintosh was Win 10 and Mac OS from multiple drives and had another HDD for back up and time machine
I updated to 10.13.3 through AppStore (application).Previously I have disabled APFS and this time have not disable it. After installation drive I have updated disappeared from Clover boot menu (initial screen you see all bootable volumes).I had had a back disk and it was fine to load Mac OS from this drive.
First I used CCC to restore latest back up but it has not changed anything and Clover boot menu only showed Win10 and back up HDD. Than I have realised my actual Mac OS drive's file system has changed to AFPS. I deleted AFPS partition and formatted it to usual MacOS format. Later on I restored from CCC one more time. As it was a full restore and I was hoping this will solve the problem. But I am now in a deeper s@#t. After the restore, clover boot menu has gone all together.
I went to BIOS and saw Mac OS installed drives were not showing as UEFI drives. They were under the Legacy mode (as far as I can remember, basically when choosing boot order they were below Win10 drive and cant be dragged up)
Now I can only boot the Win10 drive, Win 10's disk management shows MacOS drives( MacOS drive on SSD and back up)
I tried to figure out the problem and thought it was something to do EFi partition and managed to mount this parts on Windows but there is no files in this partition or Win10 cant see them. I cant find the USB I installed Hackintosh (I had one but cant find it) but I have access to another Mac and I think I can create another one by following the guide as I have done at the first place.
I will be grateful if you can offer a remedy for my problem.
Regards

With all the troubleshoot you have done to fix the initial problem , it has become an unfixable mess. The only painless solution is a Reformat and Reinstallation of macOS High Sierra using a new USB installer.

During this time ,disconnect all hard drives from the MoBo except target disk for High Sierra.

Only after the new High Sierra system is fully installed and the System Disk is booting without the need for USB installer, should you reconnect Windows hard disk to the Motherboard.

When Windows 10 UEFI disk is connected , make sure HS system disk is in SATA port 0 ( or #1 position) and Windows and any other disks at # 2 and so on.
In BIOS Boot option Priorities, make HS UEFI system Disk as the only Disk and DISABLE anything else in that list and Save BIOS after these changes and boot using High Sierra disk to enter Clover Boot Manager (CBM) screen.

That should get both systems to appear in CBM screen to choose the OS you want to boot.

With all the troubleshoot you have done to fix the initial problem , it has become an unfixable mess. The only painless solution is a Reformat and Reinstallation of macOS High Sierra using a new USB installer.

During this time ,disconnect all hard drives from the MoBo except target disk for High Sierra.

Only after the new High Sierra system is fully installed and the System Disk is booting without the need for USB installer, should you reconnect Windows hard disk to the Motherboard.

When Windows 10 UEFI disk is connected , make sure HS system disk is in SATA port 0 ( or #1 position) and Windows and any other disks at # 2 and so on.
In BIOS Boot option Priorities, make HS UEFI system Disk as the only Disk and DISABLE anything else in that list and Save BIOS after these changes and boot using High Sierra disk to enter Clover Boot Manager (CBM) screen.

That should get both systems to appear in CBM screen to choose the OS you want to boot.

Thank you so much for your kind reply.I have reformatted and reinstalled HS from scratch. I am glad to say that I have finished the installation w/o much problem. However, every time I try to boot from back up drive it freezes in the middle.I am planning to run CCC on the new installation and restore from its back up.
Another problem is related to NVIDIA web drivers. After installed them, new installation stopped the same way the back up drive.If I disable it from Clover options, it manages to boot with default graphic drivers.

Now , I have managed to get my back up disk up and running. I have reconfigured CC on newly installed and it has sorted out both new installation's web driver problem and freezing issue of the back up drive. Now I will try to restore the original drive from the back up drive. But this drive is APFS and I will try to revert it to HFS before restoration.

[SOLVED]
OK. Now everything has returned to normal. I have used CCC to restore my main drive w/o reverting it to HFS ( I could not manage to re-format it as HFS) and after 3 hours it was all sorted. Tested a couple of times and works well. I can boot in Win10 too (Actually writing this post in Win10)I don't know what caused this problem at the fist place but having a back up is good and having a USB installer is better. I will keep it safe this time.
Thanks @cmn699 for your advice

Last edited:
OK. Now everything has returned to normal. I have used CCC to restore my main drive w/o reverting it to HFS ( I could not manage to re-format it as HFS) and after 3 hours it was all sorted. Tested a couple of times and works well. I can boot in Win10 too (Actually writing this post in Win10)I don't know what caused this problem at the fist place but having a back up is good and having a USB installer is better. I will keep it safe this time.
Thanks @cmn699 for your advice

Glad you solved the problem.:):clap:
Please edit your post with [SOLVED] prefixed to the Title for others to find your solution for the problem on search engines.

Glad you solved the problem.:):clap:
Please edit your post with [SOLVED] prefixed to the Title for others to find your solution for the problem on search engines.

"make sure HS system disk is in SATA port 0 ( or #1 position) and Windows and any other disks at # 2 and so on." - are you referring to physical connections on the motherboard?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back