Intel i5-6600
Graphics
build in intel hd520 ??
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all, wondering if i could get some getting me out of my own mess :(

today i decided to upgrade clover in readiness for the new Mojave update that i wanted to do.
i opened clover configurator and hit the check for an update in the control panel and then updated it. rebooted and now i am stuck on a boot screen with just the apple logo.

after another reboot I switched clover into verbose mode and it seems that it hangs after root device uuid
i don't know how to attach a screenshot here so let me type up the results from -v

start ProcessOptions
End Processoptions
RegisterRestartDataProtocol: called: 0xb5921e98
RestartSata protocol installed succesfully
Stat SetConsoleMode
End SetConsolmode
start ReadKernelCache
end ReadKernelCache
start UnCompressKernelCache
end UnCompressKernelCaches
start CalculateAdler32
end CalculateAdler32
Start LoadKernelFromStream
end LoadKernelFromStream
start InitBootStruct

root device uuid is '8881a272-2a5c-3c55-8030-6721E9638261
end InitBootStruct
start LoadRamdDisk
end LoadRamdDisk
start FinalizeBootStruct
Start RandomSeed
end Start RandomSeed

a little background of the build
Gygabite ITX Z170-wifi motherboard
8gb Ram
840gb samsung ssd (Macos high siera)
250gb samsung sss ( windows10) which i am currently booted in and typing this up from.
apple macbook wifi/bluetooth card A1465

everything was running smoothly, don't know why i even tried to update clover . should have just left it as it was working sweet :(

I am sorry if i have posted this in the wrong section. I have also tried to read some post here but couldn't find one with the same problem as mine. and it seems i may not be clever enough as i don't know how i can pull my config file now as apart from the clover boot screen and its options i don't know where else to go.

could someone please help me out here ?

Probably a missing memory fix driver in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ (common problem with newer Clover releases).
Use AptioMemoryFix-64.efi.
Make sure that you remove any OsxAptioFixDrv, OsxAptioFix2Drv, OsxAptioFix3Drv or OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.

Most people only need :

ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi (or apfs.efi)
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi (or vboxhfs-64-efi)

so make sure that you have at least these four.

Thank you P1lGRIM, could you be so kind as to guide me on how i can see whether theses are loaded ? and how to remove them ? is it something that can be removed from clover boot manager options ?

I'm stuck too. Same exact problem. Can someone please help us out and tell us what is wrong??? Verbose mode tells me the same thing as the other guy and I cant boot. I have DataHubDxe-64.efi, Vboxfs-64.efi, FsInject-64.efi, SMCHelper-64.efi, APFS.efi in my DRIVERS64UEFI directory. Any help is appreciated. I DONT have aptio-memory-fix. How do I get that back? the only kext I'm using is fakesmc.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-r4586-deletes-osxaptiofix3drv-64-efi.255174/

Do you have a bootable USB repair stick. If you have a real Mac or working hack you can make a clover USB recovery boot stick like unibeast but without the OS installed.

There is also a way to use the EFI shell to install the Drivers64EFI files but it may be tricky. Easiest option is to make a clover USB stick.

Fixed it. Jesus, this is a huge bug. Why isn't that included already? I did not have a repair stick as I normally have a backup clone of my HD but this WAS the backup, lol. See here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-r4586-deletes-osxaptiofix3drv-64-efi.255174/ /// just downloaded the osaptiofix 64 driver and dropped it into my DRIVERS64EFI folder ... it booted right back up. I was able to access my EFI partition and just drag it in through a windows drive on the same computer. Hope this helps someone else.

Fixed it. Jesus, this is a huge bug. Why isn't that included already? I did not have a repair stick as I normally have a backup clone of my HD but this WAS the backup, lol. See here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-r4586-deletes-osxaptiofix3drv-64-efi.255174/ /// just downloaded the osaptiofix 64 driver and dropped it into my DRIVERS64EFI folder ... it booted right back up. I was able to access my EFI partition and just drag it in through a windows drive on the same computer. Hope this helps someone else.

It really should come with a warning. It’s been going on for several releases, where as before clover would match what you already had when you updated.

It really should come with a warning. It’s been going on for several releases, where as before clover would match what you already had when you updated.

So am I good to go now for a Mojave update should I choose to do so? I can't update for awhile because I use my hack primarily for professional studio recording and half my plugins are currently incompatible ... developers are still working out the bugs.

Gigamaxx, yes i have a bootable USB which i installed Sierra with. sorry to sound dumb, but when i boot it how do i get to install the AptioMemoryFix-64.efi.?

ok I will answer my own question for those that may have the same issues as me.
so I booted using the USB drive I installed high Sierra with and it came up with the old clover menu. I selected to boot from Mac and viola I was in :) . from here I did a google search for AptioMemoryFix-64.efi and mounted my EFI partition using EFI mounter and copied this file into the /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/. rebooted and I am back on my Mac now :) and everything works as it did in the past.

thank you all for you help :)
lesson learnt for me, use the original install usb to get back into the os to fix issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back