CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Hey,

So i'm not new to hackintoshing but I can't figure out why i'm getting this problem. To start off I successfully installed the DP1 of Sierra but I want the public beta instead. I installed all of the files using tonymac's guide but whenever I run clover and use the recommended settings it doesn't mount the EFI partition at the end??? No problem I tried using EFI mounter and that can't mount it either.

Anyone else experience this and how can I solve this?

Hey,

So i'm not new to hackintoshing but I can't figure out why i'm getting this problem. To start off I successfully installed the DP1 of Sierra but I want the public beta instead. I installed all of the files using tonymac's guide but whenever I run clover and use the recommended settings it doesn't mount the EFI partition at the end??? No problem I tried using EFI mounter and that can't mount it either.

Anyone else experience this and how can I solve this?

Did you boot in safe mode ? The EFI partition cannot be mounted in safe mode.

Hey,

I need some help, my Sierra works fine but my clover configurator won't mount EFI when a need to change some configs and appears this message when a try to change anything
You don’t own the file “config.plist” and don’t have permission to write to it.

Hey,

I need some help, my Sierra works fine but my clover configurator won't mount EFI when a need to change some configs and appears this message when a try to change anything
You don’t own the file “config.plist” and don’t have permission to write to it.

It is better to use terminal than using Clover Configurator because sometimes it doesn't mount it or it mounts a different EFI partition from the drives connected to your computer.

open Terminal

type "diskutil list" (you'll get all the drives that are currently connected to your computer like the screen capture below)

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 8.46.16 PM.png

now look at the drive that says the name of your drive where you install macOS. As for mine, it was Macintosh HD and on top of it will be the EFI partition where you install clover to mount it
type "diskutil mount /dev/diskXsY"

NOTE: X is the drive# and Y is the partition #

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 8.50.44 PM.png

It should say that the partition is mounted which is the EFI partition. Now you can navigate your config.plist where you can modify it first and save the copy to your desktop then replace the locked config.plist with the one that you modified. Hope it helped. Goodluck

Ok, I´ve tried and get this

Volume on disk0s1 failed to mount
If the volume is damaged, try the "readOnly" option

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 14.13.06.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 14.13.06.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 528
Thanks Jagard for help, I do a new clean Sierra install and now everything fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back