HD7850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there.

I got my OS X install fully working. However, I can only boot it from the Unibeast USB Chimera.

I installed Chimera on my Mac HDD (I have different physical disks both for OS X and Windows) but when I try to start the system from that disk all I get is:

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: test
boot0: doneXiauhfp(¨@689j#wimne ... (and 4 more lines of weird symbols and characters).

I don't even see the boot menu options.

Things is, if the Chimaera installation with Unibeast works fine (just setting GraphicsEnabler=No), can't I just copy that installation to my HDD and boot from it? Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chimera not working from HDD

You also need to install FakeSMC.kext, did you do that?

Yeah, I installed it.

Anyway, I guess this kext is not requiered to reach the Chimera boot menu, but to boot MacOS X, am I right?

My problem is I can't even select the OS to be booted.

Thanks for your help.

Please list your main hardware specs including hard drive where OS X is installed to.

Please list your main hardware specs including hard drive where OS X is installed to.

The main specs are:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z77M-D3H (rev. 1.0)
Processor: Intel i5 2500K
GPU: Sapphire HD7850 Dual-X 2GB
Hard Drives:

1 - SSD SATA Crucial M4 64GB - 2 Partitions
- System required partition (I guess MBR?)
- NTFS with Windows 7 Install

2 - SSD SATA Crucial M4 64GB- 1 Partition
- HFS+ Journaled with OS X 10.8.3

I have another NTFS SATA disk, but it does not have any installed system (just Windows storage), so it can be ignored.

Thanks again for your attention.

Connect your OS X SSD to SATA Port 0 and Windows to Port 1.

OK I will try that as soon as I arrive home. Thank you.

Anyway, could you give any details on why this would cause Chimera to fail from my HDD while it works OK from the USB?

Well, did that, same problem.

This is how the disks are arranged, I was wrong, Mac disk has 200MB EFI partition as well as the HFS+ partition (it is disk 0 in the picture)

Windows is disk 2, disk 1 is storage NTFS.

1ptHUOz.png

OK, SOLVED! :)

Downloaded Chameleon Wizard and made a new install with the latest revision using boot0md instead of boot0.

Working like a charm now.

Thanks beelzebozo for your help. Maybe you can change the topic title to [SOLVED] or something, so anyone who has the same problem can find the solution here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back