Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
gigabyte ga-z170 gaming k3
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
gigabyte gtx 1050 ti
I followed this guide to install high sierra on my hack.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-gaming-k3-handoff-apple-watch-unlock.225065/

I got problem with my nvidia drivers (107). they install well but after reboot os x drivers are up instead.

So i tried to install efi partition to follow instruction tonymac provided (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...s-high-sierra-10-13-1-378-10-10-10-20.236101/)

But I cant install efi partition!
I tried with Efi mounter v3 but it doesnt allow to choose my boot drive (and it proposes a series of other drives but not the boot one).
I tried via terminal but when i launch command (sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disks3s1 /Volumes/efi) it says that resource is busy.

Actually, my boot disk has some strange partitions to me. s1 is the right volume, s2 is "preboot" (?), s3 is "recovery", s4 is "VM" (?). None of this sX options work in mount command.

Probably is because I am noob but anyone as a clue to help me?

my hack:
gigabyte z170-gaming k3
i7 6700
nvidia 1050 ti

Please, do notice that you are using "/dev/disks3s1", and the right use is "/dev/disk3s1". There's and extra s.
Anyway, to unmount devices use
Code:
diskutil unmount /dev/disk3s1

and change "disk3s1" for the correct EFI partition in your system.

If it outputs
Code:
$ diskutil unmount /dev/disk3s1
Volume EFI on disk3s1 unmounted
it means that worked.

Thanks for answer and sorry if I answer back late.
I misspelled commands writing the post.
Anyway I unmounted the 'extra' partition (sorry I didn't thought about it by myself) and I noticed that the disk with the boot disk is linked to another disk that has a correct efi partition. That is strange to me. I can't link the terminal view right now but there's a disk0 that has the efi (s1) and inside s2 is linked to another disk (let's say disk1) that has the boot disk (s1) and the 'extra' partitions (s2, s3...). But they are all physically the same disk!

So I act as follow.
I installed Sierra on another disk. I formatted the 'high Sierra disk' with the old fs. Than I re-installed high Sierra on the newly formatted disk.
Everything works fine now and even the disk structure is perfect (I got some lines of error soon after bios regarding new file system that I will inspect but the OS works well including Nvidia driver).

Maybe there was a problem on the file system on the disk (I tried to install high Sierra last week and I failed but the disk was left maybe with the new fs).

Anyway everything is fine now. Thanks for answer and sorry for the mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back