Contribute
Register

[SOLVED]Can't get to the installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Can't get to the installation

Thank you so much, tony! I finally got it to install and boot. However, I can't boot without the cd, as I just get a blackscreen and the mouse pointer if I do so.

I tried following this guide
http://www.infinitemac.com/f19/guide-ge ... ard-t4057/
but it stayed the same. I could boot with low res in the middle of the guide, but in the end the result was the same as I had in the beggining. So, how do you got the cd to work?

jantunes said:
Thank you so much, tony! I finally got it to install and boot. However, I can't boot without the cd, as I just get a blackscreen and the mouse pointer if I do so.

I tried following this guide
http://www.infinitemac.com/f19/guide-ge ... ard-t4057/
but it stayed the same. I could boot with low res in the middle of the guide, but in the end the result was the same as I had in the beggining. So, how do you got the cd to work?

Open up the Boot CD that worked in Finder. Navigate to Preboot.dmg and mount it. Open com.apple.boot.plist in TextEdit- you'll see a string of characters- this is what you'll need in your com.apple.boot.plist- it's the EFI string to enable your 260. Make sure you've followed all of the instructions on the guide to make your Snow Leopard drive bootable. You can substitute Chameleon RC4 for the modified boot file in tonymacx86-snowleopard if you wish. Good luck!

Exactly which com.apple.boot.plist? The one in the extra folder or the one in the system?

jantunes said:
Exactly which com.apple.boot.plist? The one in the extra folder or the one in the system?

In your /Extra folder- :)

Ok, here's the situation.

I tried doing it after doing that guide and I end up getting a full black screen, no mouse pointer. So I made a fresh install and now my display turns off...

I just don't get this. If it boots with that string from the cd shouldn't it boot from the hdd? :?

EDIT: Now I got a black screen.

EDIT2: So, if I select verbose, I get a black screen, if I just let it auto boot, my display turns off.
With -f it also turns the display off.

Take a look at the com.apple.Boot.plist inside this iso- I made it using the EFI String for the GTX 260. If you use these files, I'm pretty sure your card will work. Otherwise, it may be something else. Also, try removing graphicsenabler. Good luck!

Public/tonymacx86-P55BootCD-nv260.iso.zip

The CD (2xx) doesn't work for me. In fact, no matter which CD I use (preconfigured ones from tonymac such as tonymacx86-P55BootCD-ASUS, -nv260 or even a system-specific Chameleon Boot CD (following the guide)... I always get to the same point.

One important thing in advance: I am not using a Retail DVD, instead I cloned a 1:1 Image of the SL-DVD (legally from my university) to a S-ATA Hard Drive which boots up on the MacBook just fine. On my hackintosh, I attached it to the S-ATA ports just like any other drive.

Ok, so here is where I can't get any further: (temporary link to movie) (20MB)

Where the image gets white (twice), I blended over approx. 10-20 seconds of waiting time, just for uploading purposes.

So, any ideas how I can get the installation running? It seems that I'm stuck right at the very beginning... :cry:

Tornado said:
The CD (2xx) doesn't work for me. In fact, no matter which CD I use (preconfigured ones from tonymac such as tonymacx86-P55BootCD-ASUS, -nv260 or even a system-specific Chameleon Boot CD (following the guide)... I always get to the same point.

One important thing in advance: I am not using a Retail DVD, instead I cloned a 1:1 Image of the SL-DVD (legally from my university) to a S-ATA Hard Drive which boots up on the MacBook just fine. On my hackintosh, I attached it to the S-ATA ports just like any other drive.

Ok, so here is where I can't get any further: (temporary link to movie) (20MB)

Where the image gets white (twice), I blended over approx. 10-20 seconds of waiting time, just for uploading purposes.

So, any ideas how I can get the installation running? It seems that I'm stuck right at the very beginning... :cry:

Are you using DSDT ? Put it in both root and extra to be sure.

wlp5 said:
Are you using DSDT ? Put it in both root and extra to be sure.
You mean on Preboot.dmg? Actually there is only one DSDT.aml (ASUS P7P55D-LE, my Mainboard) in the root-directory.

Or on the BootCD as well? (there is none right now)

tonymacx86 said:
Take a look at the com.apple.Boot.plist inside this iso- I made it using the EFI String for the GTX 260. If you use these files, I'm pretty sure your card will work. Otherwise, it may be something else. Also, try removing graphicsenabler. Good luck!

Public/tonymacx86-P55BootCD-nv260.iso.zip
It didn't work. Blackscreen. It's definitely something that's happening between the first boot and after installing 10.6.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back