Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming
CPU
Intel Core i7-7700K
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB
Mac
  1. iMac
For the life of me I just can’t get the NVIDIA Web Drivers working on macOS Sierra 10.12.6.
Everytime I select ‘NVIDIA Web Driver’ in the NVIDIA Driver Manager, it always goes back to ‘OS X Default Graphics Driver’ after rebooting.
I’ve spent countless days and clean installs trying to get the Web Drivers to work with no succes, I’m stuck and don’t know what to do.
I’ve read this entire thread and tried every suggestion, but no luck.

After clean installation of Sierra, this is what I’ve tried for enabling the Web Drivers:
  • Installed Clover and selecting: EmuVariableUefi-64 and Install RC scripts on target volume like problem 6 in this thread
  • Made sure that nv_disable=1 and nvda_drv=1 weren’t in my config.plist since these boot flags no longer work in Sierra
  • Using TextEdit, I added NvidiaWeb to SystemParameters in my config.plist, just like it says in this thread
  • Added Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
  • Modified CsrActiveConfig to 0x67 in config.plist to completely disable System Integrity Protection (SIP)
  • Installed the latest Nvidia Drivers 378.05.05.25f01 for macOS Sierra 10.12.6
  • Disabled intergrated graphics in the BIOS

I don’t know if manually editing the config.plist in TextEdit instead of using Clover Configurator or any other software makes a difference, I don’t think it should be if everything is entered correctly.

I’m going absolutely nuts trying to fix these drivers. Help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.6 KB · Views: 142
  • NVIDIA_DRIVERS_SCREENSHOT_01.png
    NVIDIA_DRIVERS_SCREENSHOT_01.png
    98.2 KB · Views: 177
  • NVIDIA_DRIVERS_SCREENSHOT_02.png
    NVIDIA_DRIVERS_SCREENSHOT_02.png
    57.2 KB · Views: 201
  • NVIDIA_DRIVERS_SCREENSHOT_03.png
    NVIDIA_DRIVERS_SCREENSHOT_03.png
    137 KB · Views: 176
  • NVIDIA_DRIVERS_SCREENSHOT_04.png
    NVIDIA_DRIVERS_SCREENSHOT_04.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 184
1.Please post Screen capture of Nvidia web startup Kext (information) (under Extensions) from System report and any other pertinent Nvida kexts? Loaded or NO? copy entire information section please...
2. It is obviously not loaded as you graphics card is not displaying in IN about this MAC.
3. Rebuild kext and kernel caches with Terminal. copy report on kext cache rebuild please, and post.
4. Use Clover Configurator

Last edited:
For the life of me I just can’t get the NVIDIA Web Drivers working on macOS Sierra 10.12.6.
Everytime I select ‘NVIDIA Web Driver’ in the NVIDIA Driver Manager, it always goes back to ‘OS X Default Graphics Driver’ after rebooting.
I’ve spent countless days and clean installs trying to get the Web Drivers to work with no succes, I’m stuck and don’t know what to do.

After clean installation of Sierra, this is what I’ve tried for enabling the Web Drivers:
  • Installed Clover and selecting: EmuVariableUefi-64 and Install RC scripts on target volume like problem 6 in this thread
  • Made sure that nv_disable=1 and nvda_drv=1 weren’t in my config.plist since these boot flags no longer work in Sierra
  • Using TextEdit, I added NvidiaWeb to SystemParameters in my config.plist, just like it says in this thread
  • Modified CsrActiveConfig to 0x67 in config.plist to completely disable System Integrity Protection (SIP)

I don’t know if manually editing the config.plist in TextEdit instead of using Clover Configurator or any other software makes a difference, I don’t think it should be if everything is entered correctly.

I’m going absolutely nuts trying to fix these drivers. Help would be greatly appreciated!

TesxtEdit has been known to sometimes corrupt config.plist. Download clover configurator app (google it), and learn to use it to edit the config.plist. You can also get Text Wrangler for free and it won't corrupt your plists. You should trash that config.plist and start with a fresh clover install load (remove config.plist first). If you load clover again on the disk it will spit the old one out if you choose rcscripts option during clover install. It will be on the Main partition EFI Backups folder. It should replace the config.plist and use the kexts and drivers you already have selected and added. Check your clover kext folder after to see if they are there. Once you do that set up the new config.plist, Clover Configurator is the quickest way get it done. Its easier to click a box then to edit manually using Text Wrangler but sometimes you just have to.
There is also a magical method of enabling SIP or CSM and then disabling it during the web driver install and configuration process.

Last edited:

1.Please post Screen capture of Nvidia web startup Kext (information) (under Extensions) from System report and any other pertinent Nvida kexts? Loaded or NO? copy entire information section please...
2. It is obviously not loaded as you graphics card is not displaying in IN about this MAC.
3. Rebuild kext and kernel caches with Terminal. copy report on kext cache rebuild please, and post.
5. Follow instructions from Gigmaxx's post

Simple, your config.plist is corrupt which is the same as having no config.plist at all.
This usually happens when you edit with a text editor instead of a plist editor.

Code:
config.plist: Encountered unknown tag injec?xml on line 1

Last edited:
TesxtEdit has been known to sometimes corrupt config.plist. Download clover configurator app (google it), and learn to use it to edit the config.plist. You can also get Text Wrangler for free and it won't corrupt your plists. You should trash that config.plist and start with a fresh clover install load (remove config.plist first). If you load clover again on the disk it will spit the old one out if you choose rcscripts option during clover install. It will be on the Main partition EFI Backups folder. It should replace the config.plist and use the kexts and drivers you already have selected and added. Check your clover kext folder after to see if they are there. Once you do that set up the new config.plist, Clover Configurator is the quickest way get it done. Its easier to click a box then to edit manually using Text Wrangler but sometimes you just have to.
There is also a magical method of enabling SIP or CSM and then disabling it during the web driver install and configuration process.
Thank you for your reply! Today I got around to trying your suggestion.

I did a fresh install of Sierra and a fresh Clover install load. I did the exact same steps as in my original post (installed EmuVariableUefi-64, disabled internal graphics etc.), except this time I made a config.plist (added in post) using only Clover Configurator like you said, not using TextEdit. The config.plist has the same settings as my old one, but this time it's not corrupted anymore. Unfortunately, the NVIDIA Driver Manager still goes back to ‘OS X Default Graphics Driver' after reboot.

Some people have had succes when also using the nvda_drv=1 boot flag. I also tried this, but it only gives me a black screen after booting up.

Do you have more suggestions about what the problem could be?

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.4 KB · Views: 162
Simple, your config.plist is corrupt which is the same as having no config.plist at all.
This usually happens when you edit with a text editor instead of a plist editor.

Code:
config.plist: Encountered unknown tag injec?xml on line 1
Thanks for your reply. I did a fresh Sierra install and made a config.plist using Clover Configurator. The config.plist is no longer corrupt, but unfortunately I'm still encountering the same problem.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.4 KB · Views: 164
5. Follow instructions from Gigmaxx's post
I posted a screen capture of my NVDAStartupWeb.kext. I followed Gigmaxx's instructions for using Clover Configurator when making a config.plist, but still encountering the same problem.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 2.23.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 2.23.32 PM.png
    396.8 KB · Views: 134
installed EmuVariableUefi-64
Did you install the RC scripts too ?

Do you have more suggestions about what the problem could be?
What makes you think that you need npci=0x2000 in your config.plist ?

Did you install the RC scripts too ?

What makes you think that you need npci=0x2000 in your config.plist ?
Yes, at first I only selected "Install RC scripts on target volume". But just now, I also clicked "Install all RC scripts on all other bootable OSX volumes other than the target volume" and "Optional RC Scripts". Still no luck with the graphics though.

Good question about npci=0x2000. I followed a YouTube tutorial about Clover Configurator, the guy said to use it so I did. Just removed it and the system still boots great up but no NVIDIA Drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back