Core i7 920
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 285
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

The past few days I've been searching the internet (including these forums) on how to get the GTX1070 to work. I've got some questions because I can't get it to work like it should.

First of all my hardware:
- Motherboard: MSI Z170-G45 Gaming
- CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K
- Memory: 64GB DDR4
- GPU: Palit GTX1070 GameRock
- SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB --> OSX is installed on a partition on this SSD)
- Secondary SSD: 2xSamsung 950 Pro 512GB (these are not used/recognized in OS X due to my RAID0 setup on my Intel RST controller, but it doesn't matter to me).
- Razer Deathstalker Chroma keyboard
- Logitech G502 Mouse

So I installed 10.12.5 with Unibeast. After installing I installed Multibeast with the following parameters:
- UEFI Boot Mode
- Audio --> Realtek ALC1150
- Disk --> Intel Generic AHCI Sata
- Misc --> FakeSMC v6.25 (as it is mandatory)
- USB --> 3rd Party USB 3.0
- Bootloaders --> Clover v2.4k r4063 UEFI Boot Mode
- Graphics Configuration --> Inject NVIDIA (as I've read here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ivers-on-sierra-10-12-4-with-ga-z170n.219547/)
- System Definitions --> iMac 17,1

Also I've installed a driver for my Killer E2400 network device through KextBeast. This works like a charm.

After doing this I've installed the latest NVIDIA Webdrivers for 10.12.5 (378.05.05.15f01). All went well.

The issue I'm having that when I boot I get a blank screen when choosing the options "verbose" and "Nvidia web driver" in clover during boot. Only when I also select "nv_disable=1" my machine will boot, but the graphics won't be like they should.

The thing that I see is that in the NVIDIA Driver Manager under the tab "ECC" I don't see any devices (again: I booted with nv_disable=1 which might cause this???)

I've read this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/#Problem4
Particularly "Problem 4: Black screen when using iMac15,1 or iMac17,1 or MacPro 6,1 system definition".
I've tried all 4 methods, but none of them works for me.

The thing I noticed is that when I try the Screen Sharing trick (check if my system works and only the GPU doesn't work) I can't connect to screen sharing (while using nv_disable=1 I can). So I've drawn the following conclusions so far:

1. nv_disable=1 works for me. the whole system works except for my GPU.
2. using the web driver and NOT using nv_disable=1 doesn't boot my computer (not only the GPU isn't working but the screen just goes black (no output).

Am I missing something? Help would be very very appreciated!

Kind regards,
DarkMessiah

EDIT: I added my config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.8 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
You should not be injecting nvidia.

You have the system parameter NvidiaWeb true already. The boot flag nvda_drv=1 doesn't do anything in Sierra.

Alright this is my config.plist now. Still its going into black screen.

EDIT: Sorry its not going into black screen now. I boot with "verbose" only to see what is happening. It boots perfectly but now my web driver isn't selected when I check. Should I boot with the web driver flag?

EDIT2: using the nvda_drv=1 flag lets me go into black screen again. So I can boot without flags now, but still no graphics (and the web drivers aren't selected in my Nvidia manager).

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.8 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Alright this is my config.plist now. Still its going into black screen.

EDIT: Sorry its not going into black screen now. I boot with "verbose" only to see what is happening. It boots perfectly but now my web driver isn't selected when I check. Should I boot with the web driver flag?

EDIT2: using the nvda_drv=1 flag lets me go into black screen again. So I can boot without flags now, but still no graphics (and the web drivers aren't selected in my Nvidia manager).

Change iMac17,1 to iMac14,2

Edit: Read this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

Edit2: or try another port because my GTX1070 not working HDMI port just DP and I don't know why...

Last edited:
Alright I have a new issue right now. I boot only using "verbose". It successfully boots into OSX. When I change the driver in the dropdown from "OS X Default Graphics Driver" to "NVIDIA Web Driver" it does not get saved after the reboot. I've already tried the suggestion here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/#Problem6

Still it does not save the option. Did I do anything wrong?

Steps I did:

1. Download Clover_v2.4k_r4061 from SF.net
2. Install Clover with the EmuVariableUefi-64 option.
3. Reboot
4. Mark "NVIDIA Web Driver" in the dropdown --> Reboot
5. No web driver selected after reboot.
6. Rerun Clover_v2.4k_r4061 with the "Install RC scripts on target volume" option.
7. Reboot
8. Mark "NVIDIA Web Driver" in the dropdown --> Reboot
9. After reboot still no web driver selected.

Am I missing something here?

Alright I have a new issue right now. I boot only using "verbose". It successfully boots into OSX. When I change the driver in the dropdown from "OS X Default Graphics Driver" to "NVIDIA Web Driver" it does not get saved after the reboot. I've already tried the suggestion here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/#Problem6

Still it does not save the option. Did I do anything wrong?

Steps I did:

1. Download Clover_v2.4k_r4061 from SF.net
2. Install Clover with the EmuVariableUefi-64 option.
3. Reboot
4. Mark "NVIDIA Web Driver" in the dropdown --> Reboot
5. No web driver selected after reboot.
6. Rerun Clover_v2.4k_r4061 with the "Install RC scripts on target volume" option.
7. Reboot
8. Mark "NVIDIA Web Driver" in the dropdown --> Reboot
9. After reboot still no web driver selected.

Am I missing something here?

Zip and attach your EFI folder where Clover is installed.

Attached my EFI partition.

Looks like your NVRAM is being properly stored. There is a bunch of stuff in your
drivers64UEFI folder that is not needed and might be causing a conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back