1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I just changed most of the components in my setup to the following ones:

Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H
Intel Core i7 4790K
MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G

Without booting into any operating system, I set up the basic BIOS settings (optimized defaults + a few changes). After all this was setup, I closed the computer case and put it back in its place.

After turning on the computer, I could no longer get any signal over the Display Port on my Graphics Card, so I plugged in the HDMI port directly on my Motherboard. Still, no signal. Not even on the boot logo or anything else.

I reset the BIOS settings both by removing the battery and bridging the reset-Pins. Still, neither of the video ports worked. Other than that my system appears to boot normally. Even the hard drive spins up and judging from the activity of the other components, it seems like the boot menu is being loaded.

What went wrong here? Is there a weird defect on my motherboard? All the components are new and I'm sure I didn't break anything as the only thing I changed between the "working" state and the "defect" state, was to move the case.

Is there anything I can still do? I already checked all the connectors too.

Edit: Also tried changing the monitor. Still not getting a display signal…

Can't get any display signal from my system whatsoever

I solved this. No idea how. Rechecked all connectors for the second time, removed and reinserted RAM and then it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back