Contribute
Register

[solved] Can't fix HD3000 glitches | Clover + Yosemite + Z68MX-UD2H-B3 + i7 2600k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-Clover
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi everybody:
I am running Yosemite on a computer that was originally built on Snow Leopard in early 2011. I had followed updates up to Mountain Lion with no issues, but since I updated to both El Capitan and Yosemite (using Clover) I keep getting glitches like the ones in the attached screenshot.

Their intensity varies, sometimes it seems as if they'd be gone but then they return and render my work impossible.

I have searched this board extensively, most people seem to fix it with slide=0, but if I enable that option I just get a big forbidden sign on boot, and a "kernel missing" meesage if I boot verbose.
EC reset kind of worked once but I guess it was just chance, I have done another one just now and the glitches are everywhere.

My config.plist is attached and here are some specs:

Intel i7 2600k
Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-B3 using UE1 bios
8gb RAM
Two monitor setup, one over HDMI and one over DVI. Both show the same glitches.

On a side note, Finder crashes often, and I have nothing else to do but reboot to get it back.

Do you think of anything else I could try? I am not quite sure if I provided all the necessary info.

I would like to thank all the community in advance, I have been following this board for ages and learned a great lot from all of you. Thanks for all the sharing.

All the best,
Leo.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-03 at 2.00.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-03 at 2.00.27 PM.png
    456.6 KB · Views: 148
  • config.plist
    3.8 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Can't fix HD3000 glitches | Clover + Yosemite + Z68MX-UD2H-B3 + i7 2600k

Hi everybody:
I am running Yosemite on a computer that was originally built on Snow Leopard in early 2011. I had followed updates up to Mountain Lion with no issues, but since I updated to both El Capitan and Yosemite (using Clover) I keep getting glitches like the ones in the attached screenshot.

Their intensity varies, sometimes it seems as if they'd be gone but then they return and render my work impossible.

I have searched this board extensively, most people seem to fix it with slide=0, but if I enable that option I just get a big forbidden sign on boot, and a "kernel missing" meesage if I boot verbose.
EC reset kind of worked once but I guess it was just chance, I have done another one just now and the glitches are everywhere.

My config.plist is attached and here are some specs:

Intel i7 2600k
Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-B3 using UE1 bios
8gb RAM
Two monitor setup, one over HDMI and one over DVI. Both show the same glitches.

On a side note, Finder crashes often, and I have nothing else to do but reboot to get it back.

Do you think of anything else I could try? I am not quite sure if I provided all the necessary info.

I would like to thank all the community in advance, I have been following this board for ages and learned a great lot from all of you. Thanks for all the sharing.

All the best,
Leo.

Try adding slide=0 to Boot/Arguments.

Hi RehabMan, thank you very much for your response, but the slide=0 gives me a forbidden symbol and an "Error loading kernel cache" message in verbose boot.

Here's a screenshot.

I wonder why this works for everybody else and breaks my boot in my case.

Attachments

• 2015-12-03 17.17.20.jpg
    2015-12-03 17.17.20.jpg
    949.6 KB · Views: 112

Hi RehabMan, thank you very much for your response, but the slide=0 gives me a forbidden symbol and an "Error loading kernel cache" message in verbose boot.

Here's a screenshot.

I wonder why this works for everybody else and breaks my boot in my case.

Post EFI/Clover folder.

Here it goes. Slide=0 is currently set, in order to boot I have to edit it out in the clover start screen.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 89

Here it goes. Slide=0 is currently set, in order to boot I have to edit it out in the clover start screen.

Are you booting UEFI or legacy?

Booting UEFI. I've just tried booting legacy just in case and it skipped the bootloader and went straight into Windows (on another drive)

Booting UEFI. I've just tried booting legacy just in case and it skipped the bootloader and went straight into Windows (on another drive)

Use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi,

Use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi,

This seems to have worked!
I went to Clover Configurator, Install Drivers tab, and in the DRIVERS UEFI 64 BIT container, I uninstalled OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and installed OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi. Fot the first time I was able to boot with slide=0 and the glitches are nowhere to be seen.

Thank you very, very much for your help!

This seems to have worked!
I went to Clover Configurator, Install Drivers tab, and in the DRIVERS UEFI 64 BIT container, I uninstalled OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and installed OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi. Fot the first time I was able to boot with slide=0 and the glitches are nowhere to be seen.

Thank you very, very much for your help!

Marked [solved].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back