i9 9990K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I built this Hackintosh 5 years ago. Everything seems to work great, except for one "little thing":

I have a "system" SSD and a 2TB HD. Whenever I try to search something in finder, I would just get results in the SSD - nothing in the HD. It seems OSX is not indexing the files in the HD.
Can anyone help me?

HIGH SIERRA - iMac 21.5in late 2013 (14,1 System Definition)
i7 haswell 4770k
GA-h97n-wifi
16gb ram Corsair
Ssd 128gb Kingston
Hd 2 TB 7200rpm sata 3 seagate
PSU 500w corsair gold

Hello,

I built this Hackintosh 5 years ago. Everything seems to work great, except for one "little thing":

I have a "system" SSD and a 2TB HD. Whenever I try to search something in finder, I would just get results in the SSD - nothing in the HD. It seems OSX is not indexing the files in the HD.
Can anyone help me?

Is anything listed in the Privacy tab under System Preferences -> Spotlight?

Also, when you search in Finder, does it show the context as "This Mac"?
Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 12.14.44 PM.png

Hello Khaibit!
There is nothing listed in the privacy tab - system preferences - spotlight :/ it's empty.

And yes, it shows "this Mac" in finder :/

Hello Khaibit!
There is nothing listed in the privacy tab - system preferences - spotlight :/ it's empty.

And yes, it shows "this Mac" in finder :/

Do files on the second drive appear if you search via Spotlight instead of using Finder?

It doesn't appear in spotlight either :/

Then Spotlight's meta-data is likely damaged. Try rebuilding it with "sudo mdutil -Ea" in Terminal. (You'll be prompted for your login password, but it won't display anything as you type). Depending on how many files you have on that drive, it can take several hours, so you may want to start this before you go to bed, then ensure that the computer does not sleep overnight.

You must to be right! Thank you! I'll try it and post the results tomorrow.

You can also do "mdutil -sa" to show the indexing status of each volume; ensure that it says "Indexing enabled." for each. If it shows as "disabled", do "sudo mdutil -i on /Volumes/Name_Of_Your_HDD", the "-i on/off" command is used to enable/disable indexing.

You nailed it!

/Volumes/HDD 2TB:

Indexing and searching disabled.

I tried:
sudo mdutil -a -i on

And now it is indexing.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back