Dell Inc. Vostro 470
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2047 MB
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone,

I've tried following all of the steps on the installation guide of High Sierra (multiple times) and always get as far as the Mac High Sierra desktop set up, after going through Multi Beast boot loader set up, and then the boot doesn't work. I couldn't reboot it without rebooting it through the memory stick, and then I couldn't even get back to the installed High Sierra Mac operating system. I've gone through the entire process a few times now and always ends in being unable to get back to the operating system and being stuck in a loop with both boot loading the memory stick and the recovery options. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance :)

(I have an ASUS X540LA laptop)

Hi everyone,

I've tried following all of the steps on the installation guide of High Sierra (multiple times) and always get as far as the Mac High Sierra desktop set up, after going through Multi Beast boot loader set up, and then the boot doesn't work. I couldn't reboot it without rebooting it through the memory stick, and then I couldn't even get back to the installed High Sierra Mac operating system. I've gone through the entire process a few times now and always ends in being unable to get back to the operating system and being stuck in a loop with both boot loading the memory stick and the recovery options. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance :)

(I have an ASUS X540LA laptop)

I have a different system but had similar problems. Here's what ended up working (after multiple iterations of rebooting and problems):
-did a clean install (note very important, had a good working backup of entire drive) using the HFS no-convert option;
-made sure I could consistently boot from the USB drive;
-modified config.plist on USB drive to have boot flag verbose and turn off nvidia disable (otherwise had to reselect/deselect respectively every time);
-downloaded and got Nvidia web driver working (note: immediately after first installation and reboot seemed to be an issue, but a second reboot had it running fine);
-ran multibeast - didn't seem to take - in that could not boot from main bootdrive;
-opened EFI of USB drive and main drive;
-copied any 'missing' kexts from USB drive to main bootdrive;
-copied config.plist from USB to main bootdrive.

After this I was able to boot consistently from main bootdrive; checked by booting and then removing USB. Audio was not functioning.
-ran multibeast using / adding only the audio driver. Audio now worked.

-Used Migration Assistant to move all files over. IMPORTANT: migration assistant gives option to move user files and folders; applications; and 'other files' and 'computer and network settings.' I recommend leaving out (de-selecting by unchecking) the computer and network settings - at least, possibly also the other files. It seemed that there was something being copied over in the computer and network settings migration that was causing problems (although not 100% certain). Note this could leave something important behind; I was able to check by using Carbon Copy Cloner, I'm sure there are other ways, what files were not being copied over. (I wont try to explain that, too complicated)

After this everything was working and only minor settings to be tweaked in userspace, nothing hackintosh-related was causing an issue.

Last edited:
I have a different system but had similar problems. Here's what ended up working (after multiple iterations of rebooting and problems):
-did a clean install (note very important, had a good working backup of entire drive) using the HFS no-convert option;
-made sure I could consistently boot from the USB drive;
-modified config.plist on USB drive to have boot flag verbose and turn off nvidia disable (otherwise had to reselect/deselect respectively every time);
-downloaded and got Nvidia web driver working (note: immediately after first installation and reboot seemed to be an issue, but a second reboot had it running fine);
-ran multibeast - didn't seem to take in that could not boot from main bootdrive;
-opened EFI of USB drive and main drive;
-copied any 'missing' kexts from USB drive to main bootdrive;
-copied config.plist from USB to main bootdrive.

After this I was able to boot consistently from main bootdrive; checked by booting and then removing USB. Audio was not functioning.
-ran multibeast using / adding only the audio driver. Audio now worked.

-Used Migration Assistant to move all files over. IMPORTANT: migration assistant gives option to move user files and folders; applications; and 'other files' and 'computer and network settings.' I recommend leaving out (de-selecting by unchecking) the computer and network settings - at least, possibly also the other files. It seemed that there was something being copied over in the computer and network settings migration that was causing problems (although not 100% certain). Note this could leave something important behind; I was able to check by using Carbon Copy Cloner, I'm sure there are other ways, what files were not being copied over. (I wont try to explain that, too complicated)

After this everything was working and only minor settings to be tweaked in userspace, nothing hackintosh-related was causing an issue.
Thank you, I think I've sorted it now - much appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back