i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've had a lot of difficult updating to High Sierra. I had a very stable hackintosh running Sierra for a year.

To update to High Sierra I first I tried to update directly following these instructions:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/

But my machine would never finish the install, it hanged on the startup screen. So I decided to do a clean install. I reformatted my hard drive and installed via UniBeast USB. That worked, the install completed, but I still can't boot via Clover Boot Manager, only thru UniBeast USB. I installed the NVIDIA web driver, but I can't turn it on, when I restart the setting wont stick, I think because I have to boot via the USB.

I tried unplugging all hard drive except the one I'm installing High Sierra on, and I removed the GPU. I reformatted the hard drive and did another install via UniBeast USB. Everything worked, including the MultiBeast install. But still I can not turn on the NVIDIA web driver, and I can not boot up via the Clover Boot Manager. I really need my machine working by Tuesday, and I started this on Saturday. I really need help.

*I really hope the admins don't delete this due to it being mistaking as a duplicate post, I'm desperate and I am going to contribute to the site right now. Happy New year!

but I still can't boot via Clover Boot Manager, only thru UniBeast USB. I installed the NVIDIA web driver, but I can't turn it on, when I restart the setting wont stick, I think because I have to boot via the USB.

Boot from your USB and when you get to the desktop download and run EFI Mounter and mount the EFI partition of your USB.
Copy the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB to the desktop.
Eject the USB.
Run EFI Mounter again and mount the EFI partition of your HDD.
Delete the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your HDD.
Copy the /EFI folder from your desktop to the EFI partition of your HDD.
Restart
You should now be able to boot from your HDD in the same way that you could previously boot from your USB.

But still I can not turn on the NVIDIA web driver

Your motherboard does not support native NVRAM and you must therefore emulate it :

BIOS - Disable Integrated graphics - Set PEG as Primary
Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI - VGA is not supported.
Boot with nv_disable=1
May need to update Clover
Install web drivers
Update web drivers to ensure that you have the correct version.
Config.plist - Do not inject Intel or Nvidia graphics and no ig-platform-id
Config.plist - Disable SIP completely - CsrActiveConfig 0x67
Edit config.plist - NvidiaWeb = true as per Link
Will need to emulate native NVRAM - Problem 6 - Install EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC scripts.
Remove nv_disable=1 from config.plist
May need to install Lilu.kext , LiluFriend and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext

Potential Problems :
HDMI 2.0 is not supported - Use HDMI 1.4 (or lower)
If your graphics card has more than one output of the type that you are using then try another one.
Black Screen with MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back