CPU
7th gen i5-7600K LGA 1151
Graphics
None
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all, this is my first time building a Hackintosh and 10 hours in, I can't get a successful boot after running MultiBeast post-installation. Would you please point me in the right direction?

At first, I was hanging up during Sierra installation -> switching to a USB 2.0 port helped

CONFIG
MSI Z270-A PRO (BIOS flashed to v
i5-7600K LGA 1151
Ballistix Elite 8GB Single DDR4
No video card (using onboard DVI to HDMI monitor)
Fenvi DT92 (used FV-T919 link in buying guide)
USB mouse & keyboard (Dell brand)

MSI BIOS Config
Optimized defaults
VT-d = disabled (OC Settings)
CFG-Lock = disabled (OC Settings)
Secure boot mode = not found
Other OS = not found
Intel Serial I/O = disabled (Settings\Advanced\Integrated Peripherals)
COM Port = disabled (Settings\Advanced\Super IO Configuration\COM Port Configuration)
LPT Port = disabled (Settings\Advanced\Super IO Configuration\LPT Port Configuration)
XHCI Hand-off = enabled (Settings\Advanced\USB Configuration)
Windows 7 Installation = disabled (Settings\Advanced\Windows OS Configuration)​

Have to run Clover in Verbose mode to see any progress

With some effort, I got Sierra to install but after running MultiBeast it won't boot. Error:
Couldn't allocate runtime area
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting​

When trying to boot again to USB stick, I get:
busy timeout[0], (240s), kextd wait(0): 'AppleACPICPU'
busy timeout[1], (240s), kextd wait(0): 'AppleACPICPU'​
...stalls for 8 mins (can I bypass that?), then gets stuck at:
IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin 0, llk 1,
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0
(after about 20 minutes screen goes blank but power light is still on and can't get screen to turn on without forcing reboot)​

I've erased my USB stick and reloaded Sierra & MultiBeast a few times using UniBeast with same results.

Tried adding IntelGraphicsFixup.kext & Lilu.kext to \Library\Extensions\ - no difference
Tried different USB ports with no additional progress

Onboard graphics worked for initial installation, but do I need an external card for stability?
I'm wiling to try a fresh reinstall, but can't get that to work again.

Any ideas what could be going on? I'll upload a few console pics.
Any suggestions to upload logs or files, please point me in the direction of how to do that.

Attachments

• 20170918_010451.jpg
    20170918_010451.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 634
  • 20170918_052133.jpg
    20170918_052133.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 166
  • 20170918_053413.jpg
    20170918_053413.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 188
Another day of playing whack-a-mole...

Removed my Wifi card
Deleted IntelGraphicsFixup.kext & Lilu.kext
From config.plist, removed Graphics\ig-platform-id=0x59120000

No longer stalling at wifi timeout, but still stuck at "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0"

Removed all Clover boot options -> booted to USB stick
Long pause at: iMac.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.ntp.sntp.157) <Warning>: Services exited with abnormal code: 1
Makes sense, no network card to connect with ntp server
Then pauses at: busy timeout[0], (240s), kextd wait(0): 'AppleACPICPU'
Going to disable LAN in integrated peripherals

Not sure what to try next, but I'm slugging through it

PROGRESS

In BIOS, disabled LAN, COM, LPT
Removed Clover boot options
Applied Clover boot options
Booted from USB stick, selected Verbose (-v), deselected nv_disable=1
Load appeared to stall at "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0" but a few seconds later continued to Sierra installation

Used Disk Utility to delete HDD partition and reinstall fresh. Made it through installation. Double-checking post-installation instructions.

Made it through MultiBeast post-installation and rebooted without USB stick, but now getting "Couldn't allocation runtime area"

So I plugged the USB stick back in, rebooted to USB EFI partition (Clover), selected HDD with Verbose (-v) option, and was able to boot to login screen. OK, seems like something's up with my Clover installation or configuration on the HDD.

Odd... so I went Apple > Shutdown. Inserted my Wifi card (Fenvi [DT92] or FV-T919), booted to Clover on the USB stick again, then selected HDD for boot. Got the same "Couldn't allocation runtime area" repeatedly, when it worked moments earlier. But when I REMOVED the USB stick and booted clover off the HDD, it worked fine! <smh> not sure what changed

For good measure, I logged in, connected to Wifi, downloaded and installed the latest Clover (v2.4k r4200). Subsequent reboot went smoothly without having to use Verbose (-v) option. YAY!

Last edited:
I've now gone through the post installation steps outlined by simo241 here - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...corsair-rgb-16gb-ram-geforce-gtx-1080.228994/

Now I can't boot from Clover on the HDD. I have to boot Clover from the USB stick and select the HDD Sierra partition to boot successfully.

Errors include:
"Couldn't allocate runtime area"
"apple80211Request[10514] Unsupported ioctl 181"
"apple80211Request[10514] Unsupported ioctl 156"

Is there a way to make changes to the boot config from within Clover? (EFI Terminal?) Kind of tiring to keep booting from USB, make changes, then reboot to see if it works.

I mucked up my USB EFI config.plist so I had to rebuild it from UniBeast. I'm now able to boot Clover from USB stick, then boot Sierra from HDD, but still can't boot directly from HDD.

I'm attaching EFI/Clover folder and Patchmatic out. Also attached is Terminal output of kextstat and sudo kextcache.

Any help would be great... I don't seem to be making any meaningful progress.

Trying to boot from HDD I get:
"Couldn't allocate runtime area"
or
"++++++++++++++++++++++++++" and then hangs

I've also switched between OsxAptioFixDrv, OsxAptioFix2Drv, and OsxLowMemFixDrv - no impact

I couldn't figure out how to install Lilul, Shiki, AppleALC, IntelGraphicsFixup using KextBeast so I did it manually with copy, sudo chmod, sudo chown. Sudo rm Extensions.kextcache & sudo rm Extensions.mkext returned errors (not found).

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    49.7 KB · Views: 62
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 53
  • Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 3.53.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 3.53.19 AM.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back