Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just rebuilt a new system. I swapped out my 1156 build for this. When I power up (if HD is connected), it takes me directly to the Chameleon screen. My Apple keyboard (older gen) is not working either. I've tried just about all USB ports. I read about updating the BIOS but I'm not sure where to start. I downloaded the latest from Gigabyte but if none of my USB ports are working, how can I fix this?

Can't Boot into BIOS! GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H

I just rebuilt a new system. I swapped out my 1156 build for this. When I power up (if HD is connected), it takes me directly to the Chameleon screen. My Apple keyboard (older gen) is not working either. I've tried just about all USB ports. I read about updating the BIOS but I'm not sure where to start. I downloaded the latest from Gigabyte but if none of my USB ports are working, how can I fix this?

Shut down machine, remove power chord, disconnect hard drive from motherboard. Power back up to see if you have access to UEFI bios. If you are using the hard drive from your previous build, then there may be settings that worked like 'legacy USB enabled' that will cause problems on this build.

Do you have a spare HDD that you can use for this installation?

Adrian B

Shut down machine, remove power chord, disconnect hard drive from motherboard. Power back up to see if you have access to UEFI bios. If you are using the hard drive from your previous build, then there may be settings that worked like 'legacy USB enabled' that will cause problems on this build.

Do you have a spare HDD that you can use for this installation?

Adrian B

Yes I do. I'm into the BIOS now but it's half a screen and kinda weird looking. I know it's 3D but I'm trying to change the Peripherals settings and the scrolling is off. I swapped monitors, same issue.

Fixed by exiting out and restarting...The process shall begin!!!

Yes I do. I'm into the BIOS now but it's half a screen and kinda weird looking. I know it's 3D but I'm trying to change the Peripherals settings and the scrolling is off. I swapped monitors, same issue.

What connection are you running between motherboard and monitor.

Which CPU are you using? or Graphics card?

I think that there is a bios setup option on the front screen that lets you switch off the 3D bit - makes it easier to read :thumbup: have a look at your instructions for clarification.

Adrian B

Edit - see you managed to sort it out while I was typing this out.

What connection are you running between motherboard and monitor.

Which CPU are you using? or Graphics card?

I think that there is a bios setup option on the front screen that lets you switch off the 3D bit - makes it easier to read :thumbup: have a look at your instructions for clarification.

Adrian B

Edit - see you managed to sort it out while I was typing this out.

i5-3570K 3.40GHz with onboard Graphics. It was actually not booting up at all until I removed my XFX Radeon 6670. One other thing I've been curious about is I'm considering going 10.7 now! You kinda talked me into it! I can't seem to find out where that is. I see 10.8 but not 10.7

Nevermind...Found it but I'm on a PC laptop now and I can't do some of the steps I read.

Nevermind...Found it but I'm on a PC laptop now and I can't do some of the steps I read.

The only version of Lion that will work is the last version as that has Ivy Bridge support for the motherboard and CPU. Only downloads from the App store will work, anything downloaded from dubious sites will not work. You would be best to use Mountain Lion for this build even if you have a genuine Apple download of Lion.

Adrian B

Adrian B & awhitebeats

Not sure if you're aware of this but your thread seems to have migrated into an install about Lion or Mountain Lion -

This is the Snow Leopard Desktop Support - we have separate sections for Lion and Mountain Lion.

As there appears to be no Snow Leopard content outside of the first post and the trending content appears to be not using Snow Leopard - could you please open a thread in the LION or MOUNTAIN LION section of the forums that relates to your installation problems please.

Thank You
Tote

PS I have locked this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back