Contribute
Register

[Solved] Cannot use Nvidia web drivers after todays 10.13.6 security update?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They work after usual build number patch. Run any number of driver modifying scripts that change build number to 17G3025 so that web driver will load. I'm already booted on 17G3025 with web driver and 1080ti.

Note: You May get a black screen hang on first boot after modifying build number, reboot again and it sorts itself out.

They work after usual build number patch. Run any number of driver modifying scripts that change build number to 17G3025 so that web driver will load. I'm already booted on 17G3025 with web driver and 1080ti.

Note: You May get a black screen hang on first boot after modifying build number, reboot again and it sorts itself out.

I’m in the same situation as OP, but I’m kind of uncertain as to how I should do this and what exactly you mean, could you give an example on how to do this, just to clarify? :)

I did this but the performance is terrible. It says it's running the web driver right now
but is it normal it's this bad?

I doubt it's related to that and more to spotlight running. it was a substancial update. spotlight ran for a good 10-15 min reindexing drives. cpu was hogged up by mdstores and mdworkers

Check activity monitor i bet that's case for you too. Performance is going to suck until spotlight is done maxing cpu

also, @ iknimaya a mod posted one of the tools above for modifying/installing driver to work with a new build.

also, @ iknimaya a mod posted one of the tools above for modifying/installing driver to work with a new build.

Oh, thanks, I didn't realize you and BreBo were talking about the same thing, I decided that I would try one after the other!
I'll just go right ahead and follow the guide he linked!

It doesn't solve issue :(

Same here. Screen tearing is very bad.

Same here, ran the script, the script patched and installed, restarted the pc and everything is just as bad :(

The only difference is that the Nvidia Driver Manager has the checkmark in front of NVIDIA Web Driver, but it acts the exact same way as if the OS X Default Graphics Driver were selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back