Contribute
Register

[Solved] Cannot install Nvidia WebDrivers on 10.12.5 Beta 4 !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaK

Motherboard
Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all,

So I finally got my GTX 1060 today and cannot get the webdriver installed.
It says This version OS X is not supported during install.
I'm running Sierra 10.12.5 Beta 4 Build.
I see the latest version it has is for 10.12.4.
Is there any fix for this or do I have to wait for 10.12.5 official release and then when Nvidia updates again?

You can try editing the distribution file inside the installer package and then edit the NVDAStartupWeb.kext

Some details about the necessary steps and tools cam be found here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

It is best to not be apart of the Appleseed program if you rely on the Nvidia Web drivers.

From now on I will no longer do the Beta program with Apple.

I tried doing the above steps. Put in build number below where it said. Used Kext Wizard to repair and build kexts and rebooted and it still gives me the same error message.

From now on I will no longer do the Beta program with Apple.

I tried doing the above steps. Put in build number below where it said. Used Kext Wizard to repair and build kexts and rebooted and it still gives me the same error message.

Do you already have the drivers installed?

You can try editing the distribution file inside the installer package and then edit the NVDAStartupWeb.kext

Some details about the necessary steps and tools cam be found here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

It is best to not be apart of the Appleseed program if you rely on the Nvidia Web drivers.

The installer worked after I opened Library/System/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist and edited Product build version.
Ok so now I have it installed and it says using Default OS X Graphics Driver and won't let me check Nvidia Web driver in the Driver manager. under updates it shows its installed 378.05.05.05f02 (Not compatible) near it.
Any way to trick the OS to make it look like I'm on OS 10.12.4 ??

The installer worked after I opened Library/System/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist and edited Product build version.
Ok so now I have it installed and it says using Default OS X Graphics Driver and won't let me check Nvidia Web driver in the Driver manager. under updates it shows its installed 378.05.05.05f02 (Not compatible) near it.
Any way to trick the OS to make it look like I'm on OS 10.12.4 ??

You need to edit the NVDAStartupWeb.kext

Only choice I have is to format?

You can downgrade macOS. Just run the Sierra installer over top of your existing system. Backup your file of course just to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back