i3-8100
Graphics
Asus GTX 950
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone. I am new to hackintoshes, and this is my first try (I have built many windows machines). I have tried to install 10.13.4 on my new build, but it never make it to the installer. I attached a screen capture of where it stops. Below are my system specs, and I have set up the bios as recommended as well as shut off the internal graphics as I will be using the video card below. I also tried to toggle verbose on or off, and safe mode no luck. I am using the latest unibeast and multibeast versions. Thanks in advance for any help!
Gigabyte Z370 HD3
Core i3 8100
Ballistix Sport DDR4 2400 memory, 8GB, 2x4GB.
Asus GTX950
Sandisk 500 GB SSD.
Asus USB-AC53 AC1200 Dual-band wireless USB adapter (mac drivers available from their web site)

Attachments

• IMG_5313.JPG
    IMG_5313.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 58
Hey everyone. I am new to hackintoshes, and this is my first try (I have built many windows machines). I have tried to install 10.13.4 on my new build, but it never make it to the installer. I attached a screen capture of where it stops. Below are my system specs, and I have set up the bios as recommended as well as shut off the internal graphics as I will be using the video card below. I also tried to toggle verbose on or off, and safe mode no luck. I am using the latest unibeast and multibeast versions. Thanks in advance for any help!
Gigabyte Z370 HD3
Core i3 8100
Ballistix Sport DDR4 2400 memory, 8GB, 2x4GB.
Asus GTX950
Sandisk 500 GB SSD.
Asus USB-AC53 AC1200 Dual-band wireless USB adapter (mac drivers available from their web site)

Can you please post your EFI folder and tell us what BIOS Settings you have. Did you follow the guide ? Installation Guide

See attachments for bios settings used. How do I post my EFI folder? On the USB I am using for the installation, I only could find a folder labelled EFI-Backups.

Attachments

• IMG_5314.JPG
    IMG_5314.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_5315.JPG
    IMG_5315.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_5316.JPG
    IMG_5316.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_5317.JPG
    IMG_5317.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_5318.JPG
    IMG_5318.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_5319.JPG
    IMG_5319.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_5320.JPG
    IMG_5320.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_5321.JPG
    IMG_5321.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_5322.JPG
    IMG_5322.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 75
See attachments for bios settings used. How do I post my EFI folder? On the USB I am using for the installation, I only could find a folder labelled EFI-Backups.

I recommend you to disable Wake on Lan as well.

The EFI partition must be mounted. Open Clover Configurator --> Mount EFI and mount your EFI partition (at the bottom)

I mounted the EFI partition using Clover Configurator, so now I can see contents. What exactly do you want me to post? A screen grab of the folders/files, or upload certain files found in the EFI folder?

Here's a screen grab to show what is in my EFI folder.

What I meant when saying "Can you post your EFI folder" was to actually zip your EFI folder with all its content and attaching it here

Also, try booting with the flag nv_disable=1

Ok. Here's the zip of my EFI folder. And thanks for the nv_disbale=1 idea. I will try it tomorrow morning. I also just disabled wake on lan in my bios to try as well.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 59
I was able to perform the install after using nv_disable= 1 and disable wake on lan settings. Thanks for the help on that issue. I never could get macOS to use the Nvidia web drivers properly, and macOS would always default back to native drivers which did not work well at all on my Asus GTX950 card. I decided to do a re-install without the GTX950 and use the onboard HD630 graphics. Maybe I will look into a Radeon 560 or 570 card which I think newer versions of macOS handle natively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back