CPU
Graphics
1080GTX
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

Second time builder here. My first build lasted around 4 years and I have treated myself to some upgraded hardware. Sadly i have been struggling with trying to get to the install screen for the last 3 days now. It feels like i have read every post, googled the brains out of this, and alas I am stuck.

I got past my first hurdle by installing my ram in the preferred slots and that allowed me to get further into the load watching using verbose mode but i cannot get any further? Can you please help and advise what you recommend i should try next. I have a gut feeling that it is going to be a series of boot flags that i have not currently selected but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1181.jpg
    IMG_1181.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1182.jpg
    IMG_1182.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 71
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

Could anybody help me please. I am truly at a loss here... Just need pointing in the right direction..

KR
Jon

HI All,

I have managed to solve this myself... My bios was set to intel raid or something like that for my Samsung M2 970 Pros.... As soon as I set them to AHCI mode I managed to make it to the installer!!! Yippy!!!

Here is the step that I clearly skipped as part of the Tonymac guide....

Note to self: READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS AND GUIDES MORE CAREFULLY!!!!

STEP 3: Recommended BIOS Settings
If you're installing on a recommended CustoMac desktop with AMI UEFI BIOS, the options are simple. For other systems make sure to set your BIOS to Optimized Defaults, and your hard drive to AHCI mode. Here are standard AMI UEFI BIOS settings for Gigabyte AMI UEFI BIOS, Gigabyte AWARD BIOS, ASUS AMI UEFI BIOS, and MSI AMI UEFI BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back