i5-10600
Graphics
RX 6600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My issue is after creating the USB and booting it hangs at the apple logo. I am familiar with hackintoshes, I changed settings in bios, attached is a pic of the -v bootup screen. I have the following hardware:

z370 Aorus Gaming 7 Motherboard
intel i7-8700k CPU
Nvidia Geforce GT760 Graphics Card (used from previous system, waiting for Graphics Card to come down in price, damn miners)
G.Skill Trident RGB RAM 32gb (4X8)
Samsung EVO 960 (m.2) SSD (I have nvme kext in EFI Kext folder)

Any assistance in getting past the apple logo would be helpful. I can take it from there. Maybe somebody can save me some time.

Attachments

• 20180218_001455.jpg
    20180218_001455.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 110
Have you tried with using just the onboard graphics first and removing your GPU?

Have you tried with using just the onboard graphics first and removing your GPU?
No, my board has a display port and hdmi, I don't have an adapter. I will try to get one tomorrow and try that. Thank you.

Last edited:
Your board has a display port and an HDMI port, can your monitor take either of those or is it only VGA and DVI? Using an adapter is not ideal but if it's your only choice not much you can do but try it.

Your board has a display port and an HDMI port, can your monitor take either of those or is it only VGA and DVI? Using an adapter is not ideal but if it's your only choice not much you can do but try it.
my monitor only has dvi and vga, gonna have to use a adapter or dp to dvi cable.

had the same problem, changed an option in the clover option screen; go to PCI devices, mark USB Ownership and see if that helps!

My issue is after creating the USB and booting it hangs at the apple logo. I am familiar with hackintoshes, I changed settings in bios, attached is a pic of the -v bootup screen. I have the following hardware:

z370 Aorus Gaming 7 Motherboard
intel i7-8700k CPU
Nvidia Geforce GT760 Graphics Card (used from previous system, waiting for Graphics Card to come down in price, damn miners)
G.Skill Trident RGB RAM 32gb (4X8)
Samsung EVO 960 (m.2) SSD (I have nvme kext in EFI Kext folder)

Any assistance in getting past the apple logo would be helpful. I can take it from there. Maybe somebody can save me some time.
  • Check your CLOVER for issues [See edited Verbose boot screen]

Attachments

• Name Not a Kext_FailedCLUT not a kext.png
    Name Not a Kext_FailedCLUT not a kext.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 87
I had the same problem. Would boot to apple logo with a spinning icon. I rebooted and in the Clover settings turned off the nvidia injector. (which is off by default in Sierra version of clover) System booted fine after that.

Give it a try.

Dwight

Okay, ran multibeast on my USB (see attached) and that may have fixed the problem. Thanks to BoomR post I think I could figure it out. A big thanks to all who responded you guys are the best :headbang:. tonymacx86 is a great community.

Attachments

• MB settings_web.png
    MB settings_web.png
    318.6 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Okay, ran multibeast on my USB (see attached) and that may have fixed the problem. Thanks to BoomR post I think I could figure it out. A big thanks to all who responded you guys are the best :headbang:. tonymacx86 is a great community.

Okay, it boots approx 80% and stops. Attached is a verbose screenshot. I'm getting close :thumbup:

Note, last line missing from pic:

kextd stall[0], (240s): 'ApppleACPICPU"

Attachments

• 20180218_143045.jpg
    20180218_143045.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 40
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back