Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Cannot complete 10.13.2 update after selecting Install Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
realtekALC is the only kext I have in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other as well. That is quite odd, but my comp currently functions without any major issues. Just can't complete the update.

realtekALC is the only kext I have in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other as well. That is quite odd, but my comp currently functions without any major issues. Just can't complete the update.
I was having the same problem. This is what I did and worked for me: I reformat my ssd but I Did not use Apfs format. I use the previous format. Installed 10.13.1 from my usb drive, then checked the format... it was as it should be Apfs format, then I downloaded the 10.13.2 update and voialá, the Update went smooth without any problems.

HellMate.... everything you posted is exactly what I’ve already done. I did a fresh install with 10.13.1 from usb on the SSD, selecting the previous filling format. This worked for installation, but not for the .2 update.

I’m going to mess with some boot arguments this morning to see how it goes.

I have figured out how to fix this issue and have successfully updated to 10.13.2. Here's what I did:

I essentially followed all procedures listed in post #9 (of this linked thread)
Before doing so, I used KextBeast to install the latest Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext (searched Google for this one) on both of the following directories of my primary MacOS drive:

SYSTEM/LIBRARY/EXTENSIONS
LIBRARY/EXTENSIONS

After this, I mounted my EFI volume (I used Clover Configurator to do this, or EFI mounter if you like) and copied the two kexts shown above as well as the FakeSMC.kext from LIBRARY/EXTENSIONS (on my main MacOS drive - see above) to EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/OTHER

Once this was done, I restarted my computer (booting from the primary MacOS drive as normal) and followed the above linked post's instructions exactly... step by step. Read the instructions carefully and take it slow. You will be able to accomplish the update.... assuming your issues matched mine.

I hope this helps everyone else struggling with the same issue I did.

Last edited:
I have figured out how to fix this issue and have successfully updated to 10.13.2. Here's what I did:

Before doing so, I used KextBeast to install the latest Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext (searched Google for this one) on both of the following directories of my primary MacOS drive:

LIBRARY/EXTENSIONS

After this, I mounted my EFI volume (I used Clover Configurator to do this, or EFI mounter if you like) and copied the two kexts shown above as well as the FakeSMC.kext from LIBRARY/EXTENSIONS (on my main MacOS drive - see above) to EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/OTHER

Once this was done, I restarted my computer (booting from the primary MacOS drive as normal) and followed the above linked post's instructions exactly... step by step. Read the instructions carefully and take it slow. You will be able to accomplish the update.... assuming your issues matched mine.

You do not need the same kext in both extensions folders - suggest you remove the duplicates in S/L/E

You do not need the same kext in both extensions folders - suggest you remove the duplicates in S/L/E

Perhaps not.... this was suggested in the Post I referenced, so I simply followed the instructions exactly and it worked. I did’t possess the technical knowledge to determine if this was or wasn’t necessary.

Last edited:

LIBRARY/EXTENSIONS

LIBRARY/EXTENSIONS

I’m happy to know that you found another way to have that problem resolved. Congratulations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back