Intel Core i7 (First Gen)
Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I had a wonderful success at first installation of OS X Snowleopard and Windows 7 using Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide and Dual Boot Windows 7 and OS X Snow Leopard Using Chameleon.

The components are exactly the same as in Building a CustoMac: CustoMac Pro 2010. Motherboard is Rev 2.0 and the BIOS Version is FA.

Somehow (might be my attempts are overclocking), the OSX installation was corrupted and I had to start from scratch on installation of both OS.

Now, I am unable to boot into Snow Leopard unless I have iBoot ATI-5xxxx-3 is in the CD drive. If I attempt to boot into Snow Leopard, after few lines of loading kexts, the following last 3 lines appear1 and the screen goes blank.
Code:
old pci command - 7
boot display - 0
dumping pci config space, 256 bytes

I am still "raw" or "wet behind my ears" ( :oops: ) in this area and would appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks in advance
Manas_it

Re: Cannot boot without iBoot ATI-5xxx-3 in CD Drive

manas_it said:
I had a wonderful success at first installation of OS X Snowleopard and Windows 7 using Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide and Dual Boot Windows 7 and OS X Snow Leopard Using Chameleon.

The components are exactly the same as in Building a CustoMac: CustoMac Pro 2010. Motherboard is Rev 2.0 and the BIOS Version is FA.

Somehow (might be my attempts are overclocking), the OSX installation was corrupted and I had to start from scratch on installation of both OS.

Now, I am unable to boot into Snow Leopard unless I have iBoot ATI-5xxxx-3 is in the CD drive. If I attempt to boot into Snow Leopard, after few lines of loading kexts, the following last 3 lines appear1 and the screen goes blank.
Code:
old pci command - 7
boot display - 0
dumping pci config space, 256 bytes

I am still "raw" or "wet behind my ears" ( :oops: ) in this area and would appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks in advance
Manas_it
Are you using a purchased retail version of Snow Leopard?

Also, you should upgrade to BIOS FB as it fixes a lot of issues.

Thanks for a quick reply macman.

Yes. I am using a retail version of OSX installation

And just noticed that OSX reports only 4GB. Windows reports 6GB correctly.

I will upgrade the bios to FB. When I run MultiBeast with FB DSDT, is there any folder that I need to delete or can I run the MultiBeast with FB DSDT straight?

Thanks again in advance.

manas_it said:
Thanks for a quick reply macman.

Yes. I am using a retail version of OSX installation

And just noticed that OSX reports only 4GB. Windows reports 6GB correctly.

I will upgrade the bios to FB. When I run MultiBeast with FB DSDT, is there any folder that I need to delete or can I run the MultiBeast with FB DSDT straight?

Thanks again in advance.
When using iBoot, only 4GB is enabled.

After updating the BIOS, loading optimized defaults and setting the required changes. You can then just copy the new DSDT over the old one.

Upgraded the BIOS to version FB, Did the steps advised by Macman. But still not working.

Please help!

It is working fine now!

- Reinstalled OSX
- Downloaded MultiBeast 3.0 2.3.0 version
- At the first run of MultiBeast, just selected a) User DSDT, b) System Utilities and c) ATY_INIT Vervet.
- Rebooted without iBoot ATI 5xxxx-3 in verbose mode
- Everything was good
- Repeated the other options one at a time and rebooted in verbose mode after each change!

It is up and running! :p. Thanks to Tony and MacMan :clap:

I used the same Ethernet Adaptor in MultiBeast instead of the new one. Also, did not install the hard disk option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back