Motherboard
MSI GS60 2PL
CPU
i5-4200H
Graphics
HD 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I followed the laptop guide and got El Capitan installed to my SSD using Clover. I've installed clover to my SSD. Now the issue is that when I try to boot OSX without the USB it goes straight to my BIOS menu. Looking in the BIOS menu my SSD is not even listed as a boot option there. It will book to the SSD if the USB is installed.:banghead:

Laptop specs:
MSI GS60 PL
Intel i5-4200H HD Graphics 4600 Nvidia
GTX 850M
16GB RAM
Crucial BX200 240GB SSD

Can only boot from USB

I followed the laptop guide and got El Capitan installed to my SSD using Clover. I've installed clover to my SSD. Now the issue is that when I try to boot OSX without the USB it goes straight to my BIOS menu. Looking in the BIOS menu my SSD is not even listed as a boot option there. It will book to the SSD if the USB is installed.:banghead:

Laptop specs:
MSI GS60 PL
Intel i5-4200H HD Graphics 4600 Nvidia
GTX 850M
16GB RAM
Crucial BX200 240GB SSD

Check that your EFI partition has Clover installed correctly. You should see the EFI/BOOT and EFI/CLOVER folder. The EFI/CLOVER should be configured exactly as for USB.

You also may need to add a UEFI boot entry for Clover in BIOS. Set to \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI or \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI (note that UEFI uses backslash for directory separators).

Can only boot from USB

Check that your EFI partition has Clover installed correctly. You should see the EFI/BOOT and EFI/CLOVER folder. The EFI/CLOVER should be configured exactly as for USB.

You also may need to add a UEFI boot entry for Clover in BIOS. Set to \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI or \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI (note that UEFI uses backslash for directory separators).

Thanks a million. This seemed to work for me. Now on to my next problem :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back