AMD Radeon HD6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Folks,
I had to rerun install (I messed up audio drivers and permissions....).
I decided not to erase existing install and applied new install on the top following this guide (just like first time around)http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=32306&start=40 i have Gigabyte hd 6850 card insted 6870 as in the guide, however now I can not boot from partition it is stuck in white apple screen. If I boot from rBoot disk and specify GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 it boots fine. I had rerun MB and specified adding the parameters to boot - same result.
Should I just wipe Lion disk clean and install totally fresh?

Cheers,

Simon

Re: can only boot fro rBoot

I can actually boot from disk if I set arch=i386 as a boot parameter. But this will put me in 32bit kernel ... not where i want to be. Getting :banghead: very close to wiping disk clean

Re: can only boot from rBoot

boot your Mac HDD with -v without rBoot
only -v

then, take a screenshot and post it here

Hope I can help you

Folks,
I had decided - enough is enough and re-installed with one major difference:

I was originally connected with DVI to VGA adapter on port 1 of 6850. Took real dvi cable to the monitor and <bam>

OSX boots in x86_64 video is recognized as ATI 8650 (DVD player runs and reports full QE, however I do not see ripples on dashboard ????)
One more issue to look into is that mouse is a bit jumpy (microsoft wireless) it was not jumpy on 32bit install and is fine under win ... however if I plug in wired mouse wireless will stop be jumpy (some timing issue perhaps?)

So now I need to enable dual boot from Win7 disk an I am golden :lol:

Extremely helpful, simdim :headbang:
I was stumped on the 6850. Now I'll have to find a good monitor with a DVI connector

simdim said:
Folks,
I had decided - enough is enough and re-installed with one major difference:

I was originally connected with DVI to VGA adapter on port 1 of 6850. Took real dvi cable to the monitor and <bam>

OSX boots in x86_64 video is recognized as ATI 8650

Just want to clarify. If I boot with 6850 installed, using a DVI/VGA adapter, my system will hang with or without using GraphicsEnabler=No and -x. It hangs after the loading Apple screen and just gives me a white screen. Was this similar to your experience?

goldford,
In my cas monitor would just go into powersafe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back