intel i7 7700K
Graphics
Intel HD630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

Following the installation of High Sierra 10.13 with Unibeast 8.0, the entire installation is done correctly. I realize the installation without APFS, so in HFS.
Then I launch Multibeast 9.2.1 and configure it as for my Sierra 10.12 configuration which is currently working wonderfully.
At reboot the progress bar with the apple on a black background, is launched properly until two-thirds, then takes an infinite time to get to the end, once at the end a reboot occurs, the Hight Sierra will never start .
I have to restart on my Unibeast USB drive to return to High Sierra, I do not understand since with Sierra this config Multibeast is OK.
The only change between the two configurations is the hard drive, which is not my 250GB Samsung 850 SSD, but a Samsung 840 120GB SSD.
Do I have to wait for Multibeast 10.0, or is there a solution?

Thank you for your lights.

I don't believe Multibeast touches your system partition although I could be wrong; I believe it just touches the clover EFI. This seems to be corroborated by you saying that you can boot with the clover EFI on the usb stick but not the clover EFI on your system partition.

The good news is that you have a way to boot. Indeed AFAIK Multibeast with High Sierra support has not been released yet and it makes sense that installing Hackintosh tweaks using the Sierra Multibeast could have bricked your High Sierra system.

So identify the differences between your USB stick clover EFI, and the system partition clover EFI. It should be in either
- config.plist
- kexts (probably kexts/other or possibly kexts/10.13, I don't know if Multibeast Sierra installs kexts to kexts/other or kexts/10.12 but clover on High Sierra _should_ ignore kexts/10.12)
- acpi/patched

One solution is to basically revert your system partition's clover EFI to your USB stick's clover EFI: backup the system partition EFI and delete the contents, and copy over the USB stick's EFI. Then one by one make the changes back until something breaks. Revert that change, and keep going, until you have made all the changes and identified which do not work. Then figure out what problems those fixes were attempting to solve, and fix them without Multibeast.

Another solution is to wait for High Sierra support in Multibeast.

Do be careful editing config.plist. If you choose to use a text editor, it is wise to verify the changes in clover configurator or Xcode plist editor before rebooting to test them. Be aware that the values are different in a text editor vs the values in clover configurator.

I don't believe Multibeast touches your system partition although I could be wrong; I believe it just touches the clover EFI. This seems to be corroborated by you saying that you can boot with the clover EFI on the usb stick but not the clover EFI on your system partition.

The good news is that you have a way to boot. Indeed AFAIK Multibeast with High Sierra support has not been released yet and it makes sense that installing Hackintosh tweaks using the Sierra Multibeast could have bricked your High Sierra system.

So identify the differences between your USB stick clover EFI, and the system partition clover EFI. It should be in either
- config.plist
- kexts (probably kexts/other or possibly kexts/10.13, I don't know if Multibeast Sierra installs kexts to kexts/other or kexts/10.12 but clover on High Sierra _should_ ignore kexts/10.12)
- acpi/patched

One solution is to basically revert your system partition's clover EFI to your USB stick's clover EFI: backup the system partition EFI and delete the contents, and copy over the USB stick's EFI. Then one by one make the changes back until something breaks. Revert that change, and keep going, until you have made all the changes and identified which do not work. Then figure out what problems those fixes were attempting to solve, and fix them without Multibeast.

Another solution is to wait for High Sierra support in Multibeast.

Do be careful editing config.plist. If you choose to use a text editor, it is wise to verify the changes in clover configurator or Xcode plist editor before rebooting to test them. Be aware that the values are different in a text editor vs the values in clover configurator.
Thank you AOL,

I will tinker for fun little by little, but I had not thought to copy the EFI of the USB key On the hard drive, actually it works I will continue my test one after the other.
Thank you.
[Solved]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back