Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Can I clear CMOS on a working Mavericks Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Jetway NAF93-Q77, OS 10.9.5, 3,1 AMI BIOS A05
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
HD4000 & Nvidia GTX 770
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I'm having some issues with my "Hack" and I'd like to try clearing the CMOS to see if that is part of the problem.

Can I just clear the CMOS and re enter bios defaults without having to re-install Mavericks or go thru the Unibeast installation?

Thanks in advance.

Can I clear CMOS on a working Mavericks Hackintosh?

Due to overheating problems (which was solved by applying new thermal paste) I wanted to temporarily undervolt my CPU. I set it at minimum and was curious what would happen. Well... Nothing. I couldn't even enter the BIOS. Just a black screen.

I opened my case, removed the CMOS battery and put it back in after a minute or so. Starting my hack would give an error that the BIOS settings were reset. Configured it as I had before and my hack runs without any problems, just like it did.

If you want to reset your CMOS make sure you exactly know what your BIOS settings are. May save you a lot of time afterwards. :D

Can I clear CMOS on a working Mavericks Hackintosh?

Thanks Thij!

That's what I did yesterday except looking back I'm sure if it cleared out the previously saved BIOS settings because when I started up, I didn't get any messages just the Bios window. I had to manually select to load advanced bios settings.

In any case, it did resolve the issues I was having so mission accomplished!

Thanks again!

beautiful! resetting the cmos worked for me too. I lost the cmos short cap, so I rolled the dice and shorted it with my screwdriver. do this at your own risk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back