Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X
CPU
Intel Core i7-9700K
Graphics
RTX 2070 Super
Hello,
I successfully installed OSX but now I have problem with my Windows 7 installation.

When I leave the SATA bios configuration set to AHCI, Snow Leopard boots but Windows 7 crashes during the boot with a blue screen of death + reboot.

If I switch the BIOS setting back to IDE, Seven boots but not OSX ..

Is this "normal" ?

Thanks for your help,
Tex

Re: BSOD when bios setting on AHCI

Tex-Twil said:
Hello,
I successfully installed OSX but now I have problem with my Windows 7 installation.

When I leave the SATA bios configuration set to AHCI, Snow Leopard boots but Windows 7 crashes during the boot with a blue screen of death + reboot.

If I switch the BIOS setting back to IDE, Seven boots but not OSX ..

Is this "normal" ?

Thanks for your help,
Tex

The solution to this is already posted here by thelostswede above your post.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=575

Once you modify your Windows registry, reboot and change your SATA Storage Configuration back to AHCI and you will be able to dual boot.

Re: BSOD when bios setting on AHCI

ok thanks.

I will try to modify the registry, if it doesn't work I'll reinstall Windows.

Tex ;)

Tex-Twill, I'm having the same problem as you. I had my Win7 already installed before I installed SL on my second hard drive. Now I tried enabling AHCI in Windows 7 and I get stuck in the BSOD+reboot sequence. I tried the Microsoft fix and edited the registry, but nothing works.

Any help?

zdestiny said:
Tex-Twill, I'm having the same problem as you. I had my Win7 already installed before I installed SL on my second hard drive. Now I tried enabling AHCI in Windows 7 and I get stuck in the BSOD+reboot sequence. I tried the Microsoft fix and edited the registry, but nothing works.

Any help?

registry + BIOS worked for me ...

What was your BIOS set to before you installed SL? Was it IDE or RAID? Mine was set to RAID for my Win7 install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back