Contribute
Register

[SOLVED]bootmgr is missing (tri-boot with Lion, win7,ubuntu)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everybody,

I've just installed and configured Lion, and when i try to access the GRUB to load kubuntu or Win7 i get the message "Bootmgr" is missing. I can only run win7 with the system reserved partition, but I cant boot linux.

This is what I have:
HD1 250GB - GUID - All with LION and a little partition for Time Machine
HD2 1TB - MBR - With Win7, Ubuntu and a Huge Partition for data sharing between OS.

This is what i did:

I couldn't format the MBR Hard Disk to a GUID, because i didn't have enough space on any other hd to backup all the info, so i had to use those partitions to install (first) Win7 and then Ubuntu.

When everything was installed i set to Slave that HD and I installed Lion on the 250GB as a Master HD.

Is there any way to get access to the grub bootloader for boot into ubuntu?

thx in advance!

Re: bootmgr is missing (tri-boot system with Lion, win7,ubuntu)

Win7 boot files are located in the System reserved partition, so that is the partition to select from Chimera boot loader on the OS X boot drive to boot Win7.

For Ubuntu, you must install Grub2 to the root of the Ubuntu partition ( / ) in order for Chimera to see it. Or, you can create a boot partition (/boot) and install Grub2 there and Chimera will see it.

Going Bald said:
Win7 boot files are located in the System reserved partition, so that is the partition to select from Chimera boot loader on the OS X boot drive to boot Win7.

For Ubuntu, you must install Grub2 to the root of the Ubuntu partition ( / ) in order for Chimera to see it. Or, you can create a boot partition (/boot) and install Grub2 there and Chimera will see it.

Worked perfect for me. Thanks!

You guys rock on this site.

Ouch... i forgot to answer :(... sorry. It worked for me too.

Going Bald said:

When I get to the Chimera screen, all I see is Lion and Windows. When I choose Windows I get the "bootmgr is missing press ctrl+alt+del to restart" message. I don't see the system reserved partition in Chimera. I can only see it in the BIOS.

Is there a way to see it and boot from Chimera?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back