CPU
Intel Core i5-6300HQ
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M, Intel HD Graphics 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've some problem booting my asus x550vx laptop with high sierra using the following boot arg: dart=0 nvda_drv=1 nv_disable=1. I was able to boot before, but now the laptop restarts when booting like in the video, both in normal and in safemode.

Thanks in advance

Use only nvda_drv=1 or nv_disable=1. Not both at the same time since the rest one enables the Nvidia drivers and the second one disables it. Maybe that is what is causing the issue.

I've some problem booting my asus x550vx laptop with high sierra using the following boot arg: dart=0 nvda_drv=1 nv_disable=1. I was able to boot before, but now the laptop restarts when booting like in the video, both in normal and in safemode.

Thanks in advance

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Use only nvda_drv=1 or nv_disable=1. Not both at the same time since the rest one enables the Nvidia drivers and the second one disables it. Maybe that is what is causing the issue.
Thanks for the reply, Yes that make sense that I can't have both enabled and I suddenly could boot by either disabling one of the two or because I injected intel in the gpu clover setting.
But now I can atleast boot into MacOS again, but I'm trying to fix some graphical problems that I'm experiencing. Like the tabs in safari are glitching when I hover my mouse over it (see picture). Also the launchpad animations are slow. I'm including my config.plist if there is something else that is wrong because I don't want to restart if the there's still problems and I'm afraid that I can't boot up again.

Attachments

• Cursor_and_Min_enhet_–_Google_Drive.png
    Cursor_and_Min_enhet_–_Google_Drive.png
    123 KB · Views: 179
  • CLOVER.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, Yes that make sense that I can't have both enabled and I suddenly could boot by either disabling one of the two or because I injected intel in the gpu clover setting.
But now I can atleast boot into MacOS again, but I'm trying to fix some graphical problems that I'm experiencing. Like the tabs in safari are glitching when I hover my mouse over it (see picture). Also the launchpad animations are slow. I'm including my config.plist if there is something else that is wrong because I don't want to restart if the there's still problems and I'm afraid that I can't boot up again.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, please fix your profile as requested in the FAQ.

Restarted because of the gen_debug.sh tool and now back at square one with the same problem like in the video. I feel that the system is to unreliable right now. I also added the clover folder without the themes folder (see my previous post).

Now I can boot up just fine. Thanks for the help everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back