Contribute
Register

[Solved] Booting mac osx lion install caution sign error!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
custom
CPU
Intel core i3-2120
Graphics
amd radeon sapphire
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, every time I try to install mac osx lion via usb (unibeast) it loads up to the apple logo with the spinning wheel and then a caution sign just pops up =, does anyone have any idea how to fix this any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Here are some pictures of my problem:
IMG_0484.JPG

IMG_0485.JPG

IMG_0486.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0484.JPG
    IMG_0484.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0485.JPG
    IMG_0485.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0486.JPG
    IMG_0486.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 166
Re: Booting mac osx lion install off usb caution sign error!

Are those your specs below your avatar?

Please post specs.

Thanks for the reply, and my specs are; intel core i3 processor, a gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 mother board and a sapphire AMD radeon HD 6670 graphics card, and its currently not running any operating system. Oh and i also have corsair 8 gb of ram and antec hcg 520 watt power supply .. not sure if those two things matter at all :p

lennon1997 said:
Thanks for the reply, and my specs are; intel core i3 processor, a gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 mother board and a sapphire AMD radeon HD 6670 graphics card, and its currently not running any operating system. Oh and i also have corsair 8 gb of ram and antec hcg 520 watt power supply .. not sure if those two things matter at all :p

I would double check my BIOS settings are set correctly since it looks like it is complaining about waiting for root device.

http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/2010/07/opt ... ation.html

Thanks for your help! I'll give it a try and let you know how it turns out :)

I changed all the bios settings to match the ones in the link you gave me but its still giving me that caution sign looking error, any idea what else I could do ?? oh and here's the error now, I dont think much, if anything changed :S

IMG_0487.JPG
IMG_0488.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0487.JPG
    IMG_0487.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0488.JPG
    IMG_0488.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 146

Never mind I was able to fix it by plugging the boot usb into a usb 3.0 slot then typing in PCIRootUID=0 before sekecting the usb option, then when the apple screen loaded up I switched the usb from a 3.0 slot to a 2.0 slot and it worked :) but thanks for your help ! :)

lennon1997 said:
Never mind I was able to fix it by plugging the boot usb into a usb 3.0 slot then typing in PCIRootUID=0 before sekecting the usb option, then when the apple screen loaded up I switched the usb from a 3.0 slot to a 2.0 slot and it worked :) but thanks for your help ! :)

Place [SOLVED] in title post.

:thumbup:

ahaha will do :)

I have the exact same MOBO and i am having the exact same error.

I did set my bios exactly as shown, i even pulled all my ram out except 1 4gig stick. and i tried with the switches and using USB 3.0 still no luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back