Contribute
Register

[Solved] Boot Flags - El Capitan to High Sierra - Anything changed? Update sticks on Apple Logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just given that a run:
15351102802632736668791012819633.jpg
And:
15351103612031019706573855512503.jpg

Same again :-/

Try this :
Huzzah! :D
Thank you P1lgrim! :clap:

I'm going to have a compare to see if I can understand what the difference was for future reference (and will post on here in case others need to search for it).

Admittedly, I'm now at 'macOS could not be installed on your computer' / 'The installer resources have expired' - but I'm back on known territory again :lol:

Last edited:
To follow up... Re-did the update files to get past that issue... then loaded into the "An error occurred while loading the installer resources" issue... sorted my Serial number (and related) bits... gave up trying to go down the upgrade route, and instead used my UniBeast USB with High Sierra (as it now works with that config.plist file :D).

Still on installer resources issues now... but I should be able to get to the bottom of that - plenty of content available around that.

To follow up for future reference to others, the 'installer resources' issue was resolved via updating to the most recent version of El Capitan before re-attempting to update directly to High Sierra, which then meant the full 5Gb version was downloaded straight away (rather than via the terminal workaround method), and managed to do a Direct update (including Apple File System conversion) all fine.

Thanks again for your help! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back