Graphics
Radeon 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I followed the guide here to the T viewtopic.php?f=79&t=23350 . Everything works great except I can only boot from the iboot cd.

I reinstalled chimera several times and at every boot without the cd I get a list of "boot 0" messages and then finally stopping on "boot 1 error".

The bootloader never actually comes up. What can I do?

Re: Boot error w/ chimera

What ports did you connect the HDD and DVD when installing Snow Leopard? Does swapping those two connectors change the situation.

Did you add the HDD to the boot order in BIOS?
Can you also confirm you set BIOS to AHCI, HPET originally.

Did you format the drive GUID MacOSExtended (Journaled) in Disk Utility?

Can you check in Disk Utility (use info icon on top) that the drive is bootable? There is also format information shown.

I verified everything you mentioned was already configured, and lastly tried swapping which sata port my main drive used- this did the trick.

Any idea why this would have been the case, and can I modify the configuration to use the port I originally chose?

Well, I am going to hasard a guess you want to use the SATA 6 ports and they are not supported in Snow Leopard, so you are for the moment stuck using the SATA 3 port.

If that doesn't answer your question, all I can say is Snow Leopard interacts with Asus boards in a much pickier and annoying manner than GigaByte boards.....

Be happy it is working now :D

iretch said:
I reinstalled chimera several times and at every boot without the cd I get a list of "boot 0" messages and then finally stopping on "boot 1 error".
The bootloader never actually comes up. What can I do?

iretch,
do you by chance have a 1.0+ TB disk that uses "advanced format" (a.k.a. 4k sector size)?

the Simple Answer is to USE the Jumper 7-8 in the WD HDD and then re-formata nd partition the Whole HDD, and Voila !! the Chimera Works :D :D

minaorganizer1 said:
the Simple Answer is to USE the Jumper 7-8 in the WD HDD and then re-formata nd partition the Whole HDD, and Voila !! the Chimera Works :D :D

Nice find :)

Anyway, where/how did you find this ?

Having this problem as well with my 2TB WD Drive. It isn't even recognised in the BIOS. Boots fine off USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back