Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Hello,

After upgrading to the latest 10.11.4 from 10.11.1 blue ray discs get rejected (disc automatically ejects on its own after a minute or so. This did not happen with 10.11.1. Below is what System info shows for "Disc Burning"
No problem playing DVDs

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW UH12NS30:

Firmware Revision: 1.03

Interconnect: ATAPI

Burn Support: Yes (Generic Drive Support)

Profile Path: None

Cache: 2016 KB

Reads DVD: Yes

CD-Write: -R, -RW

DVD-Write: -R, -R DL, -RAM, -RW, +R, +R DL, +RW

Write Strategies: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw, DVD-DAO

Media:

Type: DVD-ROM

Blank: No

Erasable: No

Overwritable: No

Appendable: No

Hello,

After upgrading to the latest 10.11.4 from 10.11.1 blue ray discs get rejected (disc automatically ejects on its own after a minute or so. This did not happen with 10.11.1. Below is what System info shows for "Disc Burning"
No problem playing DVDs

Is there a fix for this?

Yes, you need to buy Blu-Ray software. OS X does not have Blu-Ray support built-in.

Still not working.... I installed Free Mac Blu-ray Player as recommended by tonymac here. The blu ray disc get spit back out automatically of the drive. DVD plays just fine. Blu ray though, doesn't get recognized at all. Ideas? thanks

Anyone...????

Yes, you need to buy Blu-Ray software. OS X does not have Blu-Ray support built-in.

I didn't do have any special software with 10.11.1. And it worked fine then. Copied a ton over to the HTC. With the .4 upgrade and even now .6 OS upgrades, I can't play blue ray. The drive spits out the disc after about 30 seconds. I tired "Free Mac Blu-ray Player" and the disc still spits the disc back out. Again, didn't have this issue with 10.11.1.

UPDATE

The drive was bad. Drive was replaced under warranty by LG which was a very hassle free exchange after they verified over the phone it was not working. All is well now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back