Contribute
Register

Solved Blank Screen after Transcript Offline on IntelHD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ I have the exact same processor & exact same DeviceID for HD3000. I'm not having any problems at all except that I needed the Duallink patch. I cannot understand why you're having issues.

Make sure that you're using MacbookPro 8,1 smbios.plist.

Also check the info.plist files of both the IntelHD kexts has "01168086" in it.

Could you also post your "bdmseg" ?

Sorry cannot think of anything else that might be causing this.

@pauldmps:

I checked the Info.plist in both AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB and AppleIntelHDGraphics...
The only strange thing is that in AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB the pci id 01168086 didn't have the hex prefix "0x". I tried to change it to 0x01168086 but nothing changed.

Can you tell me which version of this two kexts you're using (mine are 7.2.9) and if you're using stock ones or modified ones?
in case can you send me yours?

nothing concerning the hd 3000 in dmesg output as you can see from the attachment...

EDIT:
sorry, i read dmesg instead of bdmseg. what's exactly bdmseg and where can i grab it for you?

Attachments

• dmesg_output.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 209
lightmanrt said:
pauldmps said:
@rocky.gio

I analyzed you DSDT. It is hell a lot buggy. The stock DSDT gives 13warnings - not good. Also most of the warnings are "statement unreachable" which according to me is causing problems when code is added there.

First, I want to thank all of you for being so helpful. You confirmed what I thought but am not experienced enough to know, my DSDT is buggy. Tried everything then I saw a dsdt for an N73SV which is my model with a 17 inch screen. I looked at the dsdt and it had all the video entries mine did not have so I tried it. It works! I get the ripple effect, full resolution, Built in and HDMI. VGA port does not work and it no longer wakes up from sleep. Otherwise, everything appears to be ok. Photoshop and Premiere pro work. I know you are not supposed to use a dsdt from another machine but it is working. Now on to sleep fix. I'll give up the vga port which will be an inconvenience because I use classroom projectors where I teach and they use the VGA port.

rocky.gio said:
@pauldmps:

I checked the Info.plist in both AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB and AppleIntelHDGraphics...
The only strange thing is that in AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB the pci id 01168086 didn't have the hex prefix "0x". I tried to change it to 0x01168086 but nothing changed.

Can you tell me which version of this two kexts you're using (mine are 7.2.9) and if you're using stock ones or modified ones?
in case can you send me yours?

nothing concerning the hd 3000 in dmesg output as you can see from the attachment...

EDIT:
sorry, i read dmesg instead of bdmseg. what's exactly bdmseg and where can i grab it for you?

That's bdmseg output & its fine. I'm using the stock Lion kexts without any edits. The kexts from 10.7 & 10.7.1 both works OOB for me. I still don't get your issue. Maybe you should try a different version of Chameleon.

You need to leave "01168086" without "0x". The kexts doesn't load with "0x".

hi lightmanrt,

can you post where you found your dsdt? i'm trying to get my laptop to work and i've tried everything i can think of (what little i know) in my dsdt edits for the GFX0 portion of my DSDT. i think it would help if i found a dsdt similar to my laptop (toshiba r835-p70/i5 2nd gen/intel HD 3000 mobile graphics). right now i'm still having problems getting my internal lcd display to be recognized so i get a blank screen with backlight on and can only access the display via the hdmi port.

thx for any help.

tdinh

tdinh said:
hi lightmanrt,

tdinh
I will send the dsdt tonight but i got it on kexts.com in the dsdt section. It messed up my wake=up and power down button. Can't seem to fix it but I have good graphics!

This is for an asus n73sv

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    20.6 KB · Views: 115
thank you lightmanrt. dsdt that you posted fixed my greeny screen problem. My pc is asus n53sn-sz007v with 1920x1080 resolution. I have another question. Is there any option to change dpi on mac os x lion? Because fonts are too small to read now. Thanks again.

fyodor said:
thank you lightmanrt. dsdt that you posted fixed my greeny screen problem. My pc is asus n53sn-sz007v with 1920x1080 resolution. I have another question. Is there any option to change dpi on mac os x lion? Because fonts are too small to read now. Thanks again.

Great. I am running my screen at 1600 X 900 because I can't see the fonts. I'll check to see if you just change fonts like in windows. I also run my win 7 at 1600X900 because I just can read the screen without taking my glasses off and sitting on top of the screen.

Does sleep work for yopu? If it does, can you send me your kexts that control sleep.
?

Thanks!

After reading thru the AHCI spec, i've finally identified which device is my internal LCD and have been experiementing with different device ids for the _ADR. i'm still stuck with the blank screen and don't really know if any of the ids i'm experimenting with are appropriate (i'm new to hackintoshing). does anyone have an idea of what the valid ids are? also, if i have a VGA device that is associated at the address 0x00000100 do i need to specify a LCD section there like what is in the AHCI specs or is it ok to have it defined in the GFX0 section?

thx for any clues!

tdinh said:
After reading thru the AHCI spec, i've finally identified which device is my internal LCD and have been experiementing with different device ids for the _ADR. i'm still stuck with the blank screen and don't really know if any of the ids i'm experimenting with are appropriate (i'm new to hackintoshing). does anyone have an idea of what the valid ids are? also, if i have a VGA device that is associated at the address 0x00000100 do i need to specify a LCD section there like what is in the AHCI specs or is it ok to have it defined in the GFX0 section?

thx for any clues!

So you have a working VGA-connection? Need to get that VGA to work on my setup, then I'm good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back