Contribute
Register

Solved Blank Screen after Transcript Offline on IntelHD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
pauldmps said:
This fix applies if you have all of the below:

1. You have a laptop with screen having native resolution higher than 1280x800.
2. Your GPU is Intel HD3000 with DeviceID 0x0116. (Might also work with other DevIds).
3. You get "Transcript Offline : Buffer pool allocate [18100] failed" error with AppleIntelSNBGraphics.kext & then the display goes blank.

You need a DSDT fix in order to get the GPU working with full QE/CI.

Note: Some users are also mentioning greenish screen with artifacts. They can also try this & post if successful.

FIX begins here:

1. Download & install DSDTSE from here: http://www.osx86.es/Archivos/DSDTSE.zip

2. Extract your DSDT using the option is DSDTSE.

3. In the "Locate" drop-box, click GFX0. If GFX0 is not present, use IGD0 instead but first see if GFX0 exists.

4. Add the below code properly :

Code:
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
            {
                Store (Package (0x02)
                    {
                        "AAPL00,DualLink", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                            0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                        }
                    }, Local0)
                DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                Return (Local0)
            }

just after these lines
Code:
Device (GFX0)
        {
            Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)
:

5. Click compile. DSDTSE would prompt you to save first, do so.

At this point, two things might happen. Either the DSDT would be compiled successfully or else there would be 1 error. If there are more than one errors, you've done something wrong.

The one error would be "DTGP not found". This can be fixed easily by adding the following code just after the first curly braces in the DSDT.

Code:
Method (DTGP, 5, NotSerialized)
    {
        If (LEqual (Arg0, Buffer (0x10)
                {
                    /* 0000 */    0xC6, 0xB7, 0xB5, 0xA0, 0x18, 0x13, 0x1C, 0x44, 
                    /* 0008 */    0xB0, 0xC9, 0xFE, 0x69, 0x5E, 0xAF, 0x94, 0x9B
                }))
        {
            If (LEqual (Arg1, One))
            {
                If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                {
                    Store (Buffer (One)
                        {
                            0x03
                        }, Arg4)
                    Return (One)
                }

If (LEqual (Arg2, One))
                {
                    Return (One)
                }
            }
        }

Store (Buffer (One)
            {
                0x00
            }, Arg4)
        Return (Zero)
    }

Add the above code just after
Code:
DefinitionBlock ("./dsdt.aml", "DSDT", 2, "Sony", "VAIO", 0x20080725)

{

Now compile the DSDT & drag the DSDT.aml file to the desktop. Run Multibeast & check "USER DSDT" & MacbookPro 8,1 is Customization>System Definitions.

After Multibeast finishes, Reboot.

You will still get "Transcript Offline : Buffer pool allocate [18100] failed" error but this time the display should come up with Full QE/CI.

Please post how this goes.

All of the credit goes to member "exoteg" to figure it out. http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php ... 7&start=90

Original creditor is "CharredPC" of InsanelyMac forums. http://www.insanelymac_.com/forum/index ... try1362685

Why this works ?

As explained by "CharredPC",

The reason why this works is easy. Higher-resolution LCD's require two data lines to handle the increased information. With my original 1280x800 LCD, OSX worked perfectly. Once I upgraded it to a 1440x900, OSX showed a black screen. Just like in a DVI connector, to get better resolutions you need... you got it- Dual Link capability. Windows and some older OSX drivers + Natit automatically enable Dual link, but the latest Leopard stock kexts do not. Without this flag telling OSX to use Dual Link, your backlight comes on, but the video data isn't getting through. Once this fix is added, OSX knows to send a dual stream of data, and the image comes through.

Will this work with Intel HD 2000

OMG!. After many months and practically giving up I got mine to work!

I kept having an issue with many errors in the compiling of the DST so I found a program called DSTFIXER and it created a clean File for me to add the DST Fixes.

My only issue now is my built in Keyboard and mouse don't work. Does anyone know what I can do to fix that? Do I need to run the Multibeast again and select PS2 support or should the DST have done that?

Thanks!

navendugoyal said:
get latest voodoo ps2 kexts from osx86.net

Thanks!. I installed that and my keyboard works but the trackpad is still not working. Any ideas?

I finally found one that worked. Only one other issue.

My sound works but you can't control the volume. Its like it's FIXED. If you slide the volume toggle up or down the Chirp remains at the same Max level. Same if you use the laptop hardware volume up and dn buttons.

Is there a particular way to get the fixed on the HP's?

Thanks!

:headbang:

I have this problem on install. I get that error (transcirpt offline) then DSMOS has arrived and then the screen goes black into sleep. Any fix for this?

onutadrian said:
I have this problem on install. I get that error (transcirpt offline) then DSMOS has arrived and then the screen goes black into sleep. Any fix for this?

Yes See page 1.

OK, but how can i extract my dst if i can't get into osx?

Also tried to install dsdte on another computer and the installation fails.

Sorry for sounding very noobish, but i'm trying to understand how this process works.

This is what i did so far:

Burned L2 on a dvd booted, installed successfully and then when i'm trying to boot for the first time this happens. I tried -v GraphcisEnabler=No -f -x same thing.

onutadrian said:
OK, but how can i extract my dst if i can't get into osx?

Also tried to install dsdte on another computer and the installation fails.

Sorry for sounding very noobish, but i'm trying to understand how this process works.

This is what i did so far:

Burned L2 on a dvd booted, installed successfully and then when i'm trying to boot for the first time this happens. I tried -v GraphcisEnabler=No -f -x same thing.

Can you use an external monitor temporarily so that you can extract your DST?

If not another way to get your DST is to use a Linux LIVE CD

http://mackonsti.wordpress.com/2012/02/ ... u-live-cd/

heck ya finally got it going.. ive worked 2 weeks on this i could finally boot without the screen goign to black i did have the 0116 id and this is perfect. resolution is perfect right off the bat. Thanks a million for this tutorial and the creators of this. I did have to add the method because its calling the DTGP and there isn't one. =) You have come to the rescue.. thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back