Contribute
Register

[solved] Black Screen on Wake from Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I follow the second Guide and now the OS boot and brightness works but it don't return from Stop (Black Screen) or better it return from stop but the Display remaining black.

Your SSDT-19-INSYDE .aml is ineffective.
It is not loading as it is not included in SortedOrder.
And you can't replace a single SSDT like that without config.plist/ACPI/AutoMerge=true (a feature I added to Clover).
Suggestions:
- remove config.plist/ACPI/SortedOrder
- add config.plist/ACPI/AutoMerge=true
- add config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/NoOemTableId=true
- update Clover
- re-extract/re-patch the SSDT (it will have a new name: SSDT-11-INSYDE.aml) for disabling the discrete card

Also, HECI must be renamed IMEI (entry in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches).

Most of those settings are provided by default in my guide plists...
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, you don't need SSDT.aml generated from ssdtPRgen.sh. Only requirement for CPU PM with your hardware is SSDT-PluginType1.aml. Also, config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate should be false (eg. CStates/PStates=true is wrong). See CPU PM guide linked from the FAQ.

After that you can start experimenting with other ig-platform-id values, fixing USB configuration, etc.

Also, remove USB WiFi and install supported PCIe WiFi hardware. USB WiFi is known to cause problems, especially with sleep.

Your SSDT-19-INSYDE .aml is ineffective.
It is not loading as it is not included in SortedOrder.
And you can't replace a single SSDT like that without config.plist/ACPI/AutoMerge=true (a feature I added to Clover).
Suggestions:
- remove config.plist/ACPI/SortedOrder
- add config.plist/ACPI/AutoMerge=true
- add config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/NoOemTableId=true
- update Clover
- re-extract/re-patch the SSDT (it will have a new name: SSDT-11-INSYDE.aml) for disabling the discrete card

Also, HECI must be renamed IMEI (entry in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches).

Most of those settings are provided by default in my guide plists...
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, you don't need SSDT.aml generated from ssdtPRgen.sh. Only requirement for CPU PM with your hardware is SSDT-PluginType1.aml. Also, config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate should be false (eg. CStates/PStates=true is wrong). See CPU PM guide linked from the FAQ.

After that you can start experimenting with other ig-platform-id values, fixing USB configuration, etc.

Also, remove USB WiFi and install supported PCIe WiFi hardware. USB WiFi is known to cause problems, especially with sleep.

Ok, i do all when you tell me and now the OS go to stop and return. When it return, the screen remain black but if I have an external display, the external display, when it return to stop, don't remain black.

Attachments

• Archivio.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 154
Ok, i do all when you tell me and now the OS go to stop and return. When it return, the screen remain black but if I have an external display, the external display, when it return to stop, don't remain black.

SSDT-PluginType1.aml and config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true are mutually exclusive.
Choose only one or the other.

No idea what you mean by "OS go to stop and return". You will need to describe your problem clearly.
Your ioreg shows graphics working.
If you are referring to black internal display after sleep, read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-black-screen-after-upgrade-to-high-sierra.237050/

I try with EDID, I have exactly the same problem.

The solution requires a display override file with appropriately patched EDID.
Read that thread carefully.

The solution requires a display override file with appropriately patched EDID.
Read that thread carefully.

I solved my problem with display override. I extracted EDID.bin from Windows and made the file with FixEDID.app

You did not implement backlight control correctly.
Your kextcache output indicates AppleBacklightInjector.kext is not installed.
It is correct now? I can use backlight control but screen is still black after sleep.

Attachments

• Archivio 2.zip
    9.4 MB · Views: 158
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back