CPU
i7-9750H
Graphics
UHD 630, 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I had some various issues with the direct update to Mojave from High Sierra, so I made a clean installation, which I had a hard time getting through it by the way with various hangs (but I managed eventually). I used the new Unibeast for Mojave, and latest Clover. I've searched and searched around here and tried everything from disabling CSM in BIOS to installing the latest Lilu and WhateverGreen, to using the iMac 18.3 SMBIOS.

So GPUs:
- Intel HD630 (from my 7700K CPU), which I have it enabled on BIOS, as I need it for things like screen recording etc, otherwise there's lots of things that don't work in Mojave without it.
- Gigabyte AORUS RX580 8GB, also enabled in BIOS, set as the Primary Graphics, and connected my 4K monitor to it by HDMI (don't have DisplayPort cable at the moment).

The problem:
- System boots in black screen. Randomly, it will come back to life, if I swap the HDMI cable to the motherboard for a few seconds, then back to the RX580. But right now, not even that is working.

When that cable swap works at some point, I can see that the RX580 is properly recognized and working. Not so much for the HD630 though. If it does load, in System Report it says "No kext loaded". And I tried with and without Inject Intel, and the 0x12345678 fake id.

Help please. Thanks in advance.

I had this problem before. fixed by changing new HDMI cable.
I don’t think it’s the cable, because it works fine in my Windows boot, and after booting from Clover, even the fans of the card turn off (its lights stay on though).

Will try a new HDMI cable though nonetheless.

Well I’ll be darned! After changing the HDMI cable and its port on the monitor too (HDMI2 instead of 1) it worked! Thanks a bunch!

You're welcome !

heloo guys I have a 2012 MacPro 5,1 running Mojave 10.14.3 and I installed a Radeon RX 580, the card works beautifully, except for one thing... I can't see the boot screen. what I do?

heloo guys I have a 2012 MacPro 5,1 running Mojave 10.14.3 and I installed a Radeon RX 580, the card works beautifully, except for one thing... I can't see the boot screen. what I do?
From my understanding it would have to be flashed with an apple compatible firmware to get boot screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back