Contribute
Register

SOLVED: Black screen on boot after 10.6.4/EastBeast install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Black screen on boot after 10.6.4/EastBeast install

It doesn't work guys. The rom file fix doesn't seem to work at all. Still black screen and only VGA for my 9800gtx+. I have since given that card to my son and I'm using the HD5770 from XFX and I have HDMI with audio.

Keep trying if you wish and hope you guys get it working.
Good luck.

Jay

I went ahead and ponied up for CustomBeast since Tony deserves compensation anyway for such a great resource. Hopefully him and his team and figure out the problem and deliver a working solution to me soon! :)

I can't friggin' believe the problem is as simple as this:

viewtopic.php?p=28077#p28077

I switched from DVI -> HDMI to DVI -> VGA and everything is working perfectly. I am glad, yet also pissed off :p

Lol, sorry that it hurts this much bro. We've known about that DVI-VGA fix for quite some time now.... :angel: What sucks about vga is that it limits your maximum resolution. Especially for those of us dual booting windows 7 for gaming.

Jay

What I don't understand (and what made me eliminate it as a problem initially) is that DVI to HDMI works fine after the initial 10.6.0 install and booting to the drive with iBoot.

Why is that?

Not sure but I read on Insanelymac about it being lack of HDCP translation and communication not being properly executed on 10.6.2<.
:confused: :lolno:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back