i7
Graphics
Sapphire R9 280X 3GB
Classic Mac
  1. LC
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Problem with black screen after clover screen on my GA-Z68XP-UD3 using iMac 12.2 definition

10.12.4 to 10.12.5 via the App Store update.... I have the black screen after clover screen.

Here's what I've tried so far... Checked nv_disable=1 and unchecked Inject Intel in the config file.

Any other ideas I can try? Thanks

Luckily have an 10.12.4 clone but it's a little old. The last update to 10.12.4 went smoothly that I didn't bother cloning my latest state. Learned my lesson!

UPDATE!

Just a thanks and a heads up for 10.12.5 users with GA-Z68-XP motherboards and using iMac 12.2 definition.

Updating from 10.12.4 to 10.12.5 added the black screen after the clover boot screen.
Using "NvidiaGraphicsFixup with Lilu in Clover/Kexts/Other" corrected the problem. (See link below)

I glanced over the recommend install of "NvidiaGraphicsFixup with Lilu in Clover/Kexts/Other" thinking it was more for newer motherboards, graphic cards and different SMBIOS definitions. Didn't think it applied to my four year old plus setup using iMac 12.2 definition. Well it did fix the black screen! Many Thanks!

Also I noticed once the screen was working there was a progress bar informing me there were 13 minutes left to install 10.12.5. What would have happened if I just let the install run it's course with the black screen?

Here's the info on installing "NvidiaGraphicsFixup with Lilu in Clover/Kexts/Other"" https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/

Thanks again el_charlie and tonymac86 site!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back