Contribute
Register

[Solved] Black Screen after Apple Logo - Intel 530 Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know there are currently no fixes for the sleep/wake issue, and the display unplug/replug issue is related.

I've checked your pics in post #4 again and you still need an IMEI patch
Question is which one; Rename HECI to IMEI, or MEI to IMEI - See post #37 and #38
You can check for yourself with IORegistryExplorer, or if you like me to do it you need to make a copy of your IOReg and attach it in a zip file. See: [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg

You're the best, BreBo. Here's my IOReg file. I'm also having a problem with USB hubs. My usb 2.0 and 3.0 ports work when I plug individual things into them but my 3.0 hubs (Anker and HooToo) don't light up when plugged in to any port. Is that related to this IMEI patch issue or is it something else? I installed the "3rd Party USB 3.0" and "Increase Max Port Limit 300 Series" drivers with multibeast previously.

Attachments

• Michael’s iMac.ioreg
    4.3 MB · Views: 117
Here's my IOReg file. I'm also having a problem with USB hubs. My usb 2.0 and 3.0 ports work when I plug individual things into them but my 3.0 hubs (Anker and HooToo) don't light up when plugged in to any port. Is that related to this IMEI patch issue or is it something else? I installed the "3rd Party USB 3.0" and "Increase Max Port Limit 300 Series" drivers with multibeast previously.
USB issue is off-topic and not related to the IMEI patch. You already created a new topic for that.
Looked at your IOReg file and you need the HECI to IMEI patch from post #37
You can edit your config.plist and add the patch, or use Clover Configurator
  • Download Clover Configurator (Vibrant Edition)
  • Open Clover Configurator
  • Mount your EFI partition
  • Open EFI/EFI/Clover/Config.plist
  • Check the Acpi section > DSDT > Patches > Select Change HECI to IMEI from the List Of Patches
  • Save
  • Close Clover Configurator
IMEI.png

Last edited:
USB issue is off-topic and not related to the IMEI patch. You already created a new topic for that.
Looked at your IOReg file and you need the HECI to IMEI patch from post #37
You can edit your config.plist and add the patch, or use Clover Configurator
  • Download Clover Configurator (Vibrant Edition)
  • Open Clover Configurator
  • Mount your EFI partition
  • Open EFI/EFI/Clover/Config.plist
  • Check the Acpi section > DSDT > Patches > Select Change HECI to IMEI from the List Of Patches
  • Save
  • Close Clover Configurator
View attachment 258405

Thanks BreBo. I added that patch as you suggested. My display seems stable now, so thanks. It's unfortunate that the USB issues aren't related - I was hoping it was all part of the same root problem. At least my display works now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back