Contribute
Register

[solved] BCM94352Z M.2 wifi and bluetooth stopped working after update 10.13.6 - HP SPECTRE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Spectre x360 (2n1 Laptop) (18,3)
CPU
I-7 8550u 2 ghz / Clover > OSX | Windows
Graphics
Intel 620 1.5gb / MX150 2gb
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hello
I have a early 2018 HP SPECTRE x360 15" i7-8550u with Nvidia mx150 and the intel hd620 - I have replaced the oem Wifi bluetooth (intel) card with a BCM94352z M.2 and taped off several pins as several guides suggested (and it worked). On High Sierra, I HAD a perfectly working computer with wifi and bluetooth, battery, function keys for volume, brightness, backlight etc. Everything working except touchscreen and sleep - thanks to several guides within these forums.

Being too excited for Mojave I decided to upgrade to Mojave and since the nvidia drivers aren't available things weren't looking so hot and I decided to wipe clean and reinstall High Sierra. Install went ok, BUT - Now I have no wifi and no bluetooth - not even in system information or under dcpi. I DO have wifi and bluetooth working fine under Windows 10. I also have no battery information and I cannot put the battery icon in menubar.

I don't believe I changed anything in my EFI folder between installations. The config file is the same. I don't believe I have to create a new DSDT for a new installation do I? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have attached my debug files and thank you for any help.

Attachments

• debug_18146.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 77
Hello
I have a early 2018 HP SPECTRE x360 15" i7-8550u with Nvidia mx150 and the intel hd620 - I have replaced the oem Wifi bluetooth (intel) card with a BCM94352z M.2 and taped off several pins as several guides suggested (and it worked). On High Sierra, I HAD a perfectly working computer with wifi and bluetooth, battery, function keys for volume, brightness, backlight etc. Everything working except touchscreen and sleep - thanks to several guides within these forums.

Being too excited for Mojave I decided to upgrade to Mojave and since the nvidia drivers aren't available things weren't looking so hot and I decided to wipe clean and reinstall High Sierra. Install went ok, BUT - Now I have no wifi and no bluetooth - not even in system information or under dcpi. I DO have wifi and bluetooth working fine under Windows 10. I also have no battery information and I cannot put the battery icon in menubar.

I don't believe I changed anything in my EFI folder between installations. The config file is the same. I don't believe I have to create a new DSDT for a new installation do I? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have moved your post to laptop support

Hello

looks like you have failed to install your kexts properly:
Code:
2018-10-11 13:17:11.610 kextcache[616:5013] There was an error parsing the Info.plist for the bundle at URL <0x7fa9de3e8c20>: NSCocoaErrorDomain - 3840
Can't read info dictionary for AppleBacklightInjector.kext: IOCFUnserialize: syntax error near line 67.
Can't read info dictionary for AppleBacklightInjector.kext: IOCFUnserialize: syntax error near line 67.
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa9de3e1dd0 [0x7fff8994eaf0]> { URL = "Shiki.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.vit9696.Shiki" }
Shiki.kext does not authenticate; omitting.
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa9de3dd3a0 [0x7fff8994eaf0]> { URL = "FakePCIID.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID" }
FakePCIID.kext does not authenticate; omitting.
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa9de3da7d0 [0x7fff8994eaf0]> { URL = "Disable_AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.disabler.AppleIntelLpssI2C" }
Disable_AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext does not authenticate; omitting.
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa9de3d2c80 [0x7fff8994eaf0]> { URL = "CoreDisplayFixup.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.vanilla.driver.CoreDisplayFixup" }
CoreDisplayFixup.kext does not authenticate; omitting.
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa9de378460 [0x7fff8994eaf0]> { URL = "USBInjectAll.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll" }
USBInjectAll.kext does not authenticate; omitting.
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa9de3714f0 [0x7fff8994eaf0]> { URL = "FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID.XHCIMux" }
FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext does not authenticate; omitting.
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa9de368030 [0x7fff8994eaf0]> { URL = "FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.FakePCIID-Intel-HDMI-Audio" }
FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext does not authenticate; omitting.
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa9de35e750 [0x7fff8994eaf0]> { URL = "SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.SATA-100-series-unsupported" }
SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext does not authenticate; omitting.
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa9de35c1f0 [0x7fff8994eaf0]> { URL = "HWInfo.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.slice.HWInfo" }
HWInfo.kext does not authenticate; omitting.
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa9de34e790 [0x7fff8994eaf0]> { URL = "Lilu.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.vit9696.Lilu" }
Lilu.kext does not authenticate; omitting.
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa9d9d015e0 [0x7fff8994eaf0]> { URL = "ACPIBatteryManager.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.driver.AppleSmartBatteryManager" }
ACPIBatteryManager.kext does not authenticate; omitting.
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa9d9d043d0 [0x7fff8994eaf0]> { URL = "FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.FakePCIID-Intel-HD-Graphics" }
FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext does not authenticate; omitting.
KernelCache ID: 6989D6C48F734305B46176234B546618
2018-10-11 13:17:37.508 kextcache[615:5010] There was an error parsing the Info.plist for the bundle at URL <0x7fef1e300ef0>: NSCocoaErrorDomain - 3840
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fef1e20a280 [0x7fff8994eaf0]> { URL = "FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.FakePCIID-Intel-HD-Graphics" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fef1e20bab0 [0x7fff8994eaf0]> { URL = "ACPIBatteryManager.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.driver.AppleSmartBatteryManager" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fef1e211350 [0x7fff8994eaf0]> { URL = "Lilu.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.vit9696.Lilu" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fef1e21b5b0 [0x7fff8994eaf0]> { URL = "HWInfo.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.slice.HWInfo" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fef1e21dae0 [0x7fff8994eaf0]> { URL = "SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.SATA-100-series-unsupported" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fef1e220950 [0x7fff8994eaf0]> { URL = "CodecCommander.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.tw.CodecCommander" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fef1e2273a0 [0x7fff8994eaf0]> { URL = "FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.FakePCIID-Intel-HDMI-Audio" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fef1e230860 [0x7fff8994eaf0]> { URL = "FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID.XHCIMux" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fef1e233260 [0x7fff8994eaf0]> { URL = "NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.apple.kext.mologie.NVWebDriverLibValFix" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fef1e2377d0 [0x7fff8994eaf0]> { URL = "USBInjectAll.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fef1e2e58e0 [0x7fff8994eaf0]> { URL = "EnergyDriver.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.intel.driver.EnergyDriver" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fef1e2e7d30 [0x7fff8994eaf0]> { URL = "VoodooI2CHID.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.alexandred.VoodooI2CHID" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fef1e2d2ca0 [0x7fff8994eaf0]> { URL = "CoreDisplayFixup.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.vanilla.driver.CoreDisplayFixup" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fef1e2edb60 [0x7fff8994eaf0]> { URL = "Disable_AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.disabler.AppleIntelLpssI2C" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fef1e2f00b0 [0x7fff8994eaf0]> { URL = "AsusNBFnKeys.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.emlydinesh.driver.AsusNBFnKeys" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fef1e2f2490 [0x7fff8994eaf0]> { URL = "FakePCIID.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fef1e2f0710 [0x7fff8994eaf0]> { URL = "FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.FakePCIID-Broadcom-WiFi" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fef1e2f7310 [0x7fff8994eaf0]> { URL = "Shiki.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.vit9696.Shiki" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fef1b50c480 [0x7fff8994eaf0]> { URL = "VoodooI2C.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.alexandred.VoodooI2C" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fef1b50ee50 [0x7fff8994eaf0]> { URL = "VoodooGPIO.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooI2C.kext/Contents/PlugIns/", ID = "org.coolstar.VoodooGPIO" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fef1b5110c0 [0x7fff8994eaf0]> { URL = "VoodooI2CServices.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooI2C.kext/Contents/PlugIns/", ID = "com.alexandred.VoodooI2CServices" }

also FakeSMC.kext should be in there (along with all kexts you need)

delete them and install them properly:

Code:
sudo cp -R NameOfKextToInstall.kext /Library/Extensions

config.plist -> InjectKexts should be set to Detect

Thank you Feartech!
Will clean up and update thread...

that fixed it... marking solved... Thank you a BUNCH!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back