CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
HD 630 - RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have tried reading different threads on this problem but not able to solve it. Attached is the Debug zip file. please help.

Attachments

• debug_5829.zip
    896.9 KB · Views: 73
I have tried reading different threads on this problem but not able to solve it. Attached is the Debug zip file. please help.

You need to install BrcmPatchRAM2.kext+BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext to /L/E.
(in fact, all kexts you need should be installed to /L/E)

You need to install BrcmPatchRAM2.kext+BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext to /L/E.
(in fact, all kexts you need should be installed to /L/E)

As you have suggested to use BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext ,should I remove BrcmFirmwareData kext? As per your guide both should not be used together.

is this the correct way to install kext by terminal?

sudo cp -R KextToInstall.kext /Library/Extensions

Rebuild Kext

sudo kextcache -i /

Last edited:
@RehabMan

Tried as suggested still no bluetooth in System Report and System Preferences including the debug file after making changes.

Attachments

• debug_8649.zip
    916.2 KB · Views: 67
Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
Sorry for asking this but what is wrong and how to install it correctly. I used the command mentioned in my 2nd post to install the kexts but must have missed something please guide as this is my first hackintosh and am absolutely new and not that knowledgeable.
Thanks

Sorry for asking this but what is wrong and how to install it correctly. I used the command mentioned in my 2nd post to install the kexts but must have missed something please guide as this is my first hackintosh and am absolutely new and not that knowledgeable.
Thanks

I expect to see FakeSMC.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and *all other kexts you need* in the kextcache output. And config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts="Detect".

I expect to see FakeSMC.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and *all other kexts you need* in the kextcache output. And config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts="Detect".
Please guide how to do it.
As per you instructions in post #2 I have installed the kexts in /L/E using commands in post #3. Now you are asking me to put it in /S/L/E (post #5). I am confused and do no know how to make
*all other kexts you need* in the kextcache output. And config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts="Detect"

Please help

Solved the problem by installing BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext by kext wizard in S/L/E

Please guide how to do it.

The laptop FAQ has kext installation procedures:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

As per you instructions in post #2 I have installed the kexts in /L/E using commands in post #3.

Your kextcache proves your assertion false.

Now you are asking me to put it in /S/L/E (post #5).

No, I am not.
(you seem to not understand the term 'system volume')
For 10.11 and later, they go to /L/E (on the system volume).
For earlier than 10.11, they got to /S/L/E (on the system volume).

*all other kexts you need* in the kextcache output.

"Kexts you need" will vary depending on hardware and the kexts you need to make the hardware work.

And config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts="Detect"

Edit your config.plist with a plist editor such as XCode or PlistEdit Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back