Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Battery SSDT not working after bios update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a fresh install, it still not works, but now my Trackpad has stopped being detected. So it works, but it is not being shown in System Preferences, so I cannot click anything, as the default setting is force touch is being enabled which leads to no left click but "lookup" clicks, if you can follow...

So now I am in more bad luck than before.
that hurts. hopefully you had a backup.

Ouch... well, that means that you can basically scrap the thing I've sent you. How about you provide your current native DSDT? Or maybe - even better - one from downgraded and one from upgraded BIOS state.

Okay, I got my trackpad back. Just loaded the patched DSDT.aml and patched XOSI into it and voila Trackpad was back. I could set my needed settings and went back to loading my SSDTs. Now battery and trackpad are gone, but the settings remain. Oh and really nice thing about fresh install, now my LID close is working perfectly! It was a bit buggy before.

I've uploaded the vanilla DSDT from old and new BIOS. DSDT.aml is old BIOS and DSDT.dsl is new BIOS.

I do not understand what I did wrong, as with the patched DSDT the battery is working fine. So it has to have something to do with my SSDTs... But I have no idea where I made the mistake... :(

I really hope you can enlighten me... ;-)

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    159.5 KB · Views: 25
  • DSDT.dsl
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
@tyraenor

Alright, just diffed those DSDTs, and there are some differences, but nothing that impacts battery-patching, as far as I could tell. The affected method bodies are the same, and no region-offsets were changed.

Has your SSDT made the battery work before any of this? If not, I could try and create one for you. Oh, and... are you loading the DSDT with OC? Shouldn't do that.

@tyraenor

Alright, just diffed those DSDTs, and there are some differences, but nothing that impacts battery-patching, as far as I could tell. The affected method bodies are the same, and no region-offsets were changed.

Has your SSDT made the battery work before any of this? If not, I could try and create one for you. Oh, and... are you loading the DSDT with OC? Shouldn't do that.
No my SSDT-BATT never worked. I used one from a guy who used the same model. It worked. After BIOS upgrade, it did not.

And no, I do not load the DSDT with OC, just did it while patching the Battery until it worked and then created the SSDT with the guide from RehabMan, but obviously I failed at that.

So I would love to have one created by you, so I can learn what I did wrong, to get it done myself next time...

Thank you so much!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.7 MB · Views: 35
@tyraenor

Please do me a quick favor. Boot with this EFI folder, then open up MaciASL > File > New from ACPI > DSDT, File > Save, and attach it here.

Here you go

Attachments

• System DSDT.dsl
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
@tyraenor

Weird, one of my method-renames hasn't been applied... No idea why, not even after a more detailed investigation. Please boot from the attached EFI, and again attach the System DSDT. I tried to change that search/replace up.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.7 MB · Views: 44
@tyraenor

Weird, one of my method-renames hasn't been applied... No idea why, not even after a more detailed investigation. Please boot from the attached EFI, and again attach the System DSDT. I tried to change that search/replace up.
Yep, that did the trick! :)

Now could you explain to me, what I did wrong? I do not just want it to work, but to understand what my issue was... Was it just the renaming, or was my SSDT-BATT.aml totally wrong?

Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back