Contribute
Register

[Solved] Back to black screen in iTunes movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to report all fixed again - I applied the fix as previous but this time even though I am running a dedicated graphics card, activated the onboard Intel graphics rebooted and I was abled to play my iTunes movies albeit the boot up was slightly slower. Was not happy with slower boot time so deactivated the Intel Graphics, rebooted and tried my movies again and they played. What the significance is I don't know but I am happy again that I can watch my movie collection again specially my favourite super hero movie 'Watchmen' arguably imho the best super hero flick to date (even got me a copy of the director's cut). Anyway enough of my ramblings - VoiletDragon big thanks for showing an interest and offering aid :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:.

Just something to remember. Onboard iGPU in 10.12+ has freeze/System lock ups problem you could end up having lock ups i have my iGPU disabled and iTunes Movies work.

Just something to remember. Onboard iGPU in 10.12+ has freeze/System lock ups problem you could end up having lock ups i have my iGPU disabled and iTunes Movies work.

Yea I hear yah, after I got it all working I did deactivate the onboard graphics again, I am now using the ATI card as before.
Still don't quite understand why the onboard graphics had to kick it into operation because I didn't have to do that months ago when I first manage to get it working, still alls well that ends well as they say - Thanks again.

@esafeddie thanks for actually posting how you fixed it. So many times people just say "I fixed it" but dont explain.

Hi if you read posts #98 and #127 in this link iTunes Protected Video Black Screen Solution (HDCP), you'll see my initial journey to
be able to watch my iTunes movies. Nearly gave up through sheer frustration but encouraged by the numerous success of other members and help from the likes of VioletDragon, DerDings and cabal2000, I finally managed it.

Yea I hear yah, after I got it all working I did deactivate the onboard graphics again, I am now using the ATI card as before.
Still don't quite understand why the onboard graphics had to kick it into operation because I didn't have to do that months ago when I first manage to get it working, still alls well that ends well as they say - Thanks again.

How exactly are you injecting ATY Frame Buffer? DSDT, SSDT or Clover?

I always compile and inject my own DSDT/SSDT for my system, as a side note I am using frame buffer Vervet for my ATI 5770 - works from the get go. No faffing about for drivers every update.

I agree. Its better to inject Device IDs either with a DSDT or SSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back